Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sound from the front end when I am on a rough road like there is something loose... Like a bolt or two are loose.
I have replaced
several wear items, both CV axles, both upper control arms with ball joints, both outer tie rod ends, both struts and sway bar bushings. Everything else seems pretty tight. Any suggestions on what it could be?

·
Registered
103 Posts
You did notcsay how the struts were replaced. If just the struts, Im concerned about the strut plate that goes on top of the spring.

Strut plates have small bearings in them that allow the strut to turn as you steer. These often are damaged by age, potholes etc. They can produce the noise you describe. I never replace just the strut.

I buy a fully assembled unistrut assembly. This gets you a newcspring and strut plate and will save uou several hours ofcwork to rebuild the assembly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did just replace the struts, not the entire assembly. I did think about that the other day but kinda blew it off. Now I am rethinking it. Thank you for your input

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had similar symptom with my sons 2006 TL. Upon close inspection, I found the motor mount on the passenger side was completely worn out and not doing it's job at all. Was cheap and easy replacement and problem was solved. This mount sits in front of the accessory drive belt on the front of the motor. Once you remove the plastic engine covers, you should be able to get a shop light on it and get a good look. If you noise is particularly coming from the passenger side, I would put money on this mount. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.