Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the engine differences? I know the TL-S has 260hp, and the base 225... I know the inktakes are different... but what else?

·
Registered
50 Posts
for starters...

I had a '99 FBP and heres the skinny:

2002 Type S vs. 1999 TL

5 speed automanual vs. 4spd
48 state dvd vs. regional disk navi
17 inch wheels vs. 16 in.
integrated fog lamps vs. none
white face gauges vs. black
side air bags vs. none
type s gear shift vs. basic
automated passenger side mirror (in reverse) vs. stationary
metallic acura logo on steering wheel vs. none
vsa vs. traction control
torque sensitive steering vs. speed sensitive steering
sport tuned suspension vs. "luxury" suspension

Anyone, please let me know if I left anything out.

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove a 2002 TL-S for the last week, very nice, and could feel the extra horses.... the only thing that swayed me was the $$$$, so I opted for a 99TL w/ 30k miles for $21,000. I wouldve gotten the type-s if I had mo' $$$, but I am very happy with the 99. I am a bit envious of you brand new TL-S owners :)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
well i guess you get what you pay for. for what you paid (21K) i think it's a great price for your car. of course i think the tls is better (performance wise) but the extra price tag is there.

i think jl_young pretty much told all the difference already. couple of things i am not sure

- the 6 dish in dash cd changer?
- the slightly blue tinted side mirrors?
- the autodim rear mirror?

and of course the usual facial changes

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good rebound rominl!

Yeah, I forgot about the indash cd player. I had the trunk-mounted changer in my TL.

I think the rear-view mirror was auto-dimming, though. Not sure...

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
in fact i love the in dash cd player a lot. from what i have seen out there, among the cars that i would consider, i don't see any other car with in dash cd changer. some of them offer glove box cd changer (which takes up most spaces in that area) or even just trunk mounted. this is a big plus on my tls

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Let me see what I can remember...

Two-setting intake plenum
Memory seats
Side Airbag deployment sensor in passenger seat replaces seat back heater
Emergency trunk opener
Matte screen on Navi unit

·
Registered
622 Posts
Also, perforated leather steering wheel, and sport seats also with perforated leather. Also, auto up windows.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
rear clear lens. the most important thing.

the front headlight is different also.
besides that all these fools have beat me to it. so they are right.
LIL Raja

ps. what do i know, i don't have a TL-S.

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
windshield nozzle squirt from under mount in an 02 instead of the bump on the hood in a 99

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
BLEXV6 said:
Also, perforated leather steering wheel, and sport seats also with perforated leather. Also, auto up windows.
That's difference between TL-S & TL premium. :scratch: :scratch:

·
Registered
622 Posts
2001TL4KCdude said:
windshield nozzle squirt from under mount in an 02 instead of the bump on the hood in a 99
Missed that one. Also, don't forget it also has that annoying passanger windshield wiper that does not lift up past the top of the hood.

·
Registered
622 Posts
songoku said:

That's difference between TL-S & TL premium. :scratch: :scratch:
Yes you are correct on this, however the question was the difference between the 99 TL and 2002 TL-S.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Let me straight this!!!

02 & 03 models have Auto Up windows?? Only driver side or both front??

Didn't know.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
rominl said:
in fact i love the in dash cd player a lot. from what i have seen out there, among the cars that i would consider, i don't see any other car with in dash cd changer. some of them offer glove box cd changer (which takes up most spaces in that area) or even just trunk mounted. this is a big plus on my tls

I think alot more cars have the in-dash changer now. We even have it in our Pathfinder.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
speed said:

I think alot more cars have the in-dash changer now. We even have it in our Pathfinder.
Yeah, even CAMRY has it!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.