Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yes my 2002 TL does this as did my 1998 Accord EXV6 and my 1992 Accord. Must be normal, but it is annoying.

·
Welcome Earthlings
1,148 Posts
My 01 did and so does my 03, while annoying I figured it is normal. Also has anyone noticed how cold stuff gets in the center console?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't know why people are so annoyed by this noise. I've never had a problem with it... My 97 Accord did this, and so did all the cars I've driven.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would like everything to be nice and quiet and one little noise in my car just bugs the hell out of me..im only like this with my car..but dont care about any other noises anywhere else..

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
can u guys describe the noise? My car started a noise behind the glove box, its sounds like a leaf is caught in there somewhere. but if i remember correctly, it only happens when I accelerate, any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Regarding the center console....

I just took mine apart to get to the radio (installed XM myself) and the ducts run on either side of the unit. The part where the cup holder is to the rear of the unit is a single piece which attaches to ducts sticking out on either side of the shifter part.

There is no insulation, so I'm assuming the Acura guys thought "cold drinks in the summer with the AC and hot drinks in the winter with the heat", so they gave us our own little refrigerator/heater in the cup holder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.