Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 RSX Type S. The A/C only works when I'm driving at least 40 mph. The pressures are good and it doesn't need any refrigerant added. I checked the relays and the fuses in the fuse box, all are good. But the neither the Condenser Fan on the Driver-side or the Radiator Fan on the Passenger-side are coming on. I believe they both should be coming on with the A/C on high and Recirc on. I ran the engine for about 20 minutes, but the Radiator Fan doesn't seem to be coming on when the engine gets warm either. I disconnected the Radiator Fan switch at the bottom of the radiator and tried to jumper the terminals to see if the fans would come on, but it didn't work. It doesn't seem likely that both fan motors would be out at the same time. If I can get my big hands in there, I'm going to run a jumper from the battery terminal to each one, just to be sure they still work. I've read somewhere that it could be a ground got disconnected, but I can't locate it.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the A/C electrical circuit?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i had this problem on an older model accord. I fixed it by changing a sensor, i cant remember the name of it but it was connected to the head...ill try to find the name for you

·
Registered
25 Posts
that does sound like a loose ground, like you said try to test the fans alone to make sure they work, not sure where to get the diagrams to help you out though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts