On the 2002, you have to remove the glove box. Once you do that, there is a snap on vertical strip which is the access for the filters.
Removing the glove box is pretty easy.
1. Remove the shock-looking thing on the right side of the G.B.
2. Remove the two top rollers (which also limit travel on the opening of the glove box).
3. Remove the two bottom screws on the box
4. Remove the box itself
5. Cut out the plastic section with a scissors (or something else)
6. Pop off the cover and take out the filters
After this, I popped the cover back on to do my Lysol treatment (spray into vent intake, fan on high, temp on 60, A/C off). While the filters were out, I sprayed Lysol on them as well.
A forum community dedicated to Honda Acura owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Open to all models including the Integra, RSX, RDX, and MDX