Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that the A/C in the TL is not so cold? I have an '03 TL-S with 2,500 miles on it and it's been pretty warm here in NY lately. Yesterday I was driving and the temp was set to 61 degrees and it was still struggling to keep the car cool. My friend has an '01 Maxima and his A/C was colder then mine set at 70 degrees. Is there any type of recall on this? Another friend with an MDX said that he took his in for an A/C repair because he had a similar complaint and they replaced some hose. Thanks in advance for the input.

Donny

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Mine seems OK. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2002 and the ac is definitely not as cold as my last car, an Intrepid ES. I brought it back to the dealer to have then check the refrigerant levels and the pressures all check out correctly. In my opinion the TL's ac just isnt all that good. It works but its no ice maker :uhh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
2002acuraTL said:
I have a 2002 and the ac is definitely not as cold as my last car, an Intrepid ES. I brought it back to the dealer to have then check the refrigerant levels and the pressures all check out correctly. In my opinion the TL's ac just isnt all that good. It works but its no ice maker :uhh:
This probably is a stupid question, but you guys do know about the Recirculation button? Typically, this is labeled as something else (like HIGH or Super) on American cars but all of them work the same: They increase the fan speed and shut off the external air intake.

I live in St. Louis (Average temperature 92+ with 80% humidity) and I leave it in Recirculate most of the summer. I might start it out cold (65-68) but after 5 to 10 minutes I turn it up to 71.

And this from a guy who keeps his thermostat at home at 70.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah i keep it on recirc. I have a friend with a late model accord and his ac is in the same category as mine. Its undersized, or just not designed all that well. I know some of you think the ac is fine, but i guess its relative to what other cars you have owned before. the TL takes too long to cool things off when the heat gets up there, IMO.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Mine keeps me cool in Texas, other than death valley I can't think of much more of a challenge. I'd get it looked at. Hell mine keeps the car cool even with the roof open!

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Acura advertised in their brochure that our A/C had enough capacity to cool a small house - I'd almost have to agree.

On my last car (1994 Thunderbird V8)I had great A/C as well - turn it on - and even on 90+ & Humid days it was cold in seconds, and teh car cooled off within five minutes or so.

I think the TL is just as good if not better - I was worried because before I bought it I read a few complaints of it not cooling down quickly, etc. Maybe it's only flukey and certain cars? :dunno: I am in NY as well and it has been horrible (90 and humid) and i've had no trouble whatsoever... I usually have ine on 70 & full auto - or sometimes override for just vents, recirc. There's times when I start getting cold and turn it up to 71, 72, or 73 or 74 even :eek:

And I am NOT the type of person to get cold - I'm always freakin hot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.