Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

There was a post a while back that someone had problems with a funny smelling a/c.

I remember a good number of 2nd gen folks took apart their car to get to the evaporator however this unit might do the trick.

I have not use it yet however looks promising from the description.

http://www.acsource.com/product.asp?0=213&1=255&3=136

I've ordered one so I do not have it yet however if anyone has used this or similar product and could comment.

I've tried lysol however this product seems like it would be better than sparaying in the intakes vs a hose going down to the evaporator with foam.

Mola

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the item a week or so ago and it seems to work well so far.

It has a few caution notices on the can so I followed the instructions down to the minute... use the entire can ... let sit idle for 10 min then use blower in low for 5 min.

It left the car with a minty smell and if I could do it again, I would leave the windows open the day of treatment since the mint was a tad strong the next day.

It seems to be much better than Lysol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TLontheDL said:
find the receipt to the thing and return it.. what you can do to get rid of the foul smell is to just turn the heater on full blast for couple of minutes and.....voila. it kills the foul smell but if you want a "pleasant" smell to come out of the vents then yes.....use that product

Yup I've done that before... it doesn't last too long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.