Acura World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful ride!

A friend of mine bought a 2001 white Cobra a last year and has had trouble burning oil. It uses a quart in 1200 miles and he has 5000 miles on it so it should be broken in. The dealer wants to "observe and record" the oil consumption before doing anything.

I know highly tuned engines burn more oil than regular engines but I think 1200 miles in a new car is excessive. My 2000 540/6sp has not used any oil in 8000 miles and that is also a highly tuned engine. How is your oil consumption?

Thanks,

Steve D

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve D said:

How is your oil consumption?

Never burned a drop in 40k. Mobil 1 every 2-2.5k and I was on the car hard from day one.

Thr 4.6 DOHC is not a "known" oil burner, IMO, like say the Chevrolet LS1, but there will always be examples of any motor that has it's problems.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
My car requires about 1/2 quart every 1500 miles. :(

BTW, very good looking Stang. Nice way to keep it clean looking. Are those wheels stock?

·
Registered
179 Posts
PullT... hot ride... but you got a bad case of the 4x4 wheel gap too :sqnteek: LOL get some springs bud

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NightHawkTypeS said:
PullT... hot ride... but you got a bad case of the 4x4 wheel gap too :sqnteek: LOL get some springs bud
Yeah, everyone says that. :D

I haven't gotten them cause I drag race a lot and stiff suspension would hurt me there, and also, Houston roads suck, so I don't want to have to constantly worry about roughness on them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Damn!!! You are a big redneck...;):bigok:

·
Acuraworld Member
3,522 Posts
redneck or not....that's a good looking Mustang!! Beautiful pics also...they look like they are professionally done or something!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
nice car but,
when we're out at the strip, the harsh reality is that mustang people don't associate with anyone else except for other mustang people. And well imports, kinda do the same. A few exceptions here and there. Two friends of mine have ZO6 vettes,
they're sick, and they murder pretty much everything except for this guy that comes through with a viper every now and then. ANYHOO, it's cool to see a fan of domestics show love to us imports. THANX BRO :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts