Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past decade, I’ve driven Hondas, because it was simply more economical. First I drove two Accords, and for the past 3 years, the Crosstour. While I liked these cars, every time someone asked me to name my favorite car ever, it was always my Acura Legend, which I got in 1989. I had that car for a long time. I’d leased it, but then couldn’t bear to part with it so we bought the car and I continued to drive it until too many repairs were needed.

Two weeks ago, while getting ready to release another Crosstour (great car!), the manager of the sales department (who was our salesman, too) mentioned that there were no great promotions on the car, and to extend my lease until the spring, which I was not adverse to doing. However, he also mentioned that the dealership had a 2013 TL with advance package coming in, and perhaps I’d like to drive it. I sprung at the chance, only to find out that the car was sold at auction. Pretty silly of him to mention it , right??

However, it put the Acura bug back in my head, and I went to our local dealer and sat in the TL. It turns out that it was too low for me (I have a bad back), but while I was there I noticed a 2014 RDX AWD with tech package. It was a demo with 3500 miles, driven by the owner’s wife. Long story/short, we negotiated a price and I’m now driving that RDX. I do like it, and the ride is great! I have not yet filled my car up with gas, since I’ve only had it for 5 days, so I’m hoping I get decent gas mileage.

A few things bother me, though.
• Why did I have a vent in my Crosstour’s backseat so the people there could be better cooled and heated?
• Why does the new Crosstour offer some things as standard on their highest model (the one I would be getting) that are not on the Acura, a more expensive car? These things include:

o a special rear camera on the right mirror so you can see the blind spot there
o a lane departure warning
o front collision warning to name a few.

Wouldn't you think these things would be offered on their more expensive line?? :confused: Our salesman said it's because things are more expensive to fix on the Acura, so they test them on the Honda first. That's just ridiculous!

Anyway, I’m hoping that I will grow to love this car as much as my Legend. I guess if I don't, I can sell it and go back to the Crosstour after a few years, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

I’m planning to visit the forums often to see what other RDX owners have to say. Thanks for being here! :wavey:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went for my first fill up yesterday and I had no idea of what to expect. When I picked up my new car last Saturday, it was 12 degrees. Of course, the salesman had lots to show me, and the car was running the whole time, which was about 50 minutes. Anyway, yesterday, when I'd had my car for one week, I went to Costco and filled it up with 93 octane. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I'd gotten a bit over 18.8 miles per gallon, even with the 50 minutes of just sitting. Way to go, car! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts