1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..

this is probably really stupid but...

on a hot day
when i just turn on the auto function (not full auto) but dial down the fan to 60 degrees, it doesnt say AC is on but it does generate cool air......is the AC still technically on because something is blowing out the cool air?

thanks

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
acuraTLao said:
ok..

this is probably really stupid but...

on a hot day
when i just turn on the auto function (not full auto) but dial down the fan to 60 degrees, it doesnt say AC is on but it does generate cool air......is the AC still technically on because something is blowing out the cool air?

thanks
It's on:). It will go on and off automatically but it does go on and off. You should notice the AC compressor turning on and off as it makes a very audible noise while the electromagnetic AC compressor clutch engages....a clunk noise under the hood while the engine compensates for the drag by upping the RPM's.

AC compressors need quite a bit of power to drive, thats why the AC makes the car use more gas plus a loss of HP to the ground because the compressors sucking some up.....just like a home AC uses allot of electricity because it needs a powerfull motor to drive it.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, just ask away:D

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Auto is auto, as in it will automatically determine if there is a need for heating or cooling. Full auto simply means that the speed of the fan is automatically controlled as well.

·
1,163 Posts
original questio being answered already...i assume...what about the thermometer in my car? sometimes it reads 99 deg. F...YEA RIGHT!!! its only 65 around here...wussup wit this?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
[TL]Ridah said:
original questio being answered already...i assume...what about the thermometer in my car? sometimes it reads 99 deg. F...YEA RIGHT!!! its only 65 around here...wussup wit this?
the sensor for the outside temp is mounted between the radiator and the bumper. If your sitting still idling, it's probably sensing some of the heat off the engine compartment. Only when you have been driving around for a while, then it gets more of an accurate reading.

Plus, it may need to be re-calibrated to read correctly.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
it's in the manual, i think you have to be over 19mph for the temp reading to be accurate

and also, you can adjust the temp a bit, i think to like 3 degrees....

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
acuraTLao said:
so then, technically, you dont have to actually turn on the AC function..all you have to do is set temperature down to 60 or something and it'll automatically turn on for you?
YES!!! You just have to press AUTO button and set the temperature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.