Acura World banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought of this today: Would it be easy to drop an accord V6 manual tranny into a TL? I know it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than putting a CL-S 6 speed into one. How much would a swap like this cost, I know it will be a lot but appx. how much am I looking at?:dunno:

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
badazzTL said:
I just thought of this today: Would it be easy to drop an accord V6 manual tranny into a TL? I know it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than putting a CL-S 6 speed into one. How much would a swap like this cost, I know it will be a lot but appx. how much am I looking at?:dunno:
When did Honda make a manual tranny for the V6 Accord? I'm looking at their website right now...there's no Manual V6 Accord. Only Automatic. (There's a 5spd for the 4cylinder.)

I think the new 2003 Coupe V6 will be available with the CL-S 6 spd tranny.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
rominl said:
nop, accord v6 does NOT come in manual at all
Good point rominl. :bigok:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh that sucks. so all these V6 accords i see around here are autos? hmm i thought they did make a manual for the 2 door. oh well:dunno:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Crazy_Jizzal said:
So why couldnt you install the CLS 6-speed? :dunno:
It's too expensive:p

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crazy_Jizzal said:

how can the accords 5-speed be that much cheaper? :dunno:
prolly cuz i would be able to pick up an old one for cheaper than a brand new CL-S tranny.
so could i put a 5 speed accord tranny in a TL? even tho its not 6 cyl?

·
2,315 Posts
badazzTL said:

prolly cuz i would be able to pick up an old one for cheaper than a brand new CL-S tranny.
even if you could I don't think the tranny would hold up to your power.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
badazzTL said:

Can you afford labor $$'s??? I am sure it'll be a lot.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
yeah i don't think the tranny from accord would be able to hold up the amount of torque and hp from our cars, you don't wanna burn it

anyway, the main reason why they don't offer stick on the accord v6 (both the sedan and the coupe) was TRY not to take away the prelude market. prelude comes in stick, and honda tried to put the prelude in the enthusiasts area and offer it with stick. imagine the market for prelude if honda actually has a stick (even if it's just 5 speed) on the accord coupe. honda would have killed the whole prelude line.

wel, but keep in mind, reality is another story. even with the lack of stick in accord v6, sales of prelude was still very bad :)

oh, and yeah, 5 speed was only offered for DX and LX

·
Registered
172 Posts
You might as well get a 6 speed CL, because not only will you need the tranny, you will need to have the computer programmed or get a new computer all together. Not worth the money, warrenty issues, and all the other crap invloved. This is only for cars like civics where engine swaps and tranny swaps are easy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.