Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m new here and just got this car a few months back and have fixed it up but I’m not sure how to keep it from jumping when I drive. Few things I have read says in is an Automatic and a stander. I would rather drive as a automatic so how would I do that. I got this from a friend that Traded me for this for my 2007 Ford truck that would not run. I didn’t need to fix much on it just battery and spark plugs and tires. Also just put a oxygen sencer in it. And I’m going to replace the radio. Still looking for on that will wowell with the car.

·
White Diamond Pearl '02 Acura TL Type S w/Navi
76 Posts
Welcome! And I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you saying that you've been "manually" shifting the gears, but would like to switch to "pure automatic" mode? If that's what you're asking, simply pull the shifter down to "D4" (the 2nd D) -- without tapping it to the left.

If I was wrong about what you're asking, please update your question with more info! Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello I’m new here and just got this car a few months back and have fixed it up but I’m not sure how to keep it from jumping when I drive. Few things I have read says in is an Automatic and a stander. I would rather drive as a automatic so how would I do that. I got this from a friend that Traded me for this for my 2007 Ford truck that would not run. I didn’t need to fix much on it just battery and spark plugs and tires. Also just put a oxygen sencer in it. And I’m going to replace the radio. Still looking for on that will wowell with the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As people have rightly said, update your question but my deduction from your question is that it jumps when it enter gear or the shifting of gear is rough. If that’s the case then check the solenoid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also another idea to check into is to have a shop check your idle air control valve I had my transmission rebuilt and boy it was jerking and shimming barking the tires and acting crazy but my idle control valve was messed up replaced it boom my 1999 Acura TL runs like a boss!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts