Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this Acura legend, it is very well maintained. I am the 2nd owner and this is my first car (made several years before I was born).

When starting the car, the engine clicks and does not ignite immediately.
I have checked both the battery and alternator, both are good. There is no grinding noise coming from the starter.

Is it possible this delay in ignition is being caused by the starter relay? Or do you think it's the starter?
Thoughts?

Thank you guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issues a few years back. It turned out to be a cold solder joint on the STARTER RELAY. Pull the relay off, open and check all the solder points on the unit. I had 2 that were not making a connection to the PCB.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought this Acura legend, it is very well maintained. I am the 2nd owner and this is my first car (made several years before I was born).

When starting the car, the engine clicks and does not ignite immediately.
I have checked both the battery and alternator, both are good. There is no grinding noise coming from the starter.

Is it possible this delay in ignition is being caused by the starter relay? Or do you think it's the starter?
Thoughts?

Thank you guys.
I juts had this problem in my 93' 6 speed coupe with 140k. I'll bet dollars to donuts it's the ignition cable, a common problem with these cars. Easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts