Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
i've driven (err floored, rather) both cars cold/warm/wet/dry, basically under all conceivable conditions under these blue skies...mine is a 92 auto type I, and my mother has a '98 GLE (78k/super-posh condition!)...and off the line like its been said max will be ahead by a bit BUT as speeds climb further up we'll close the gap and proceed with the kill!...and like snk522 inquired both are bonestock (performance-wise - haha, mine actually has a very dirty airfilter that a JiffyLube dude showed me in disgust like 20k miles ago or something)...imagine what would happen with a Type II? (rhetorical question)...and one that is in fairly good condition (ie, mine is absolutely NOT - 251k/bhg/tb/wp due/uber dirrrty air filter)...
so a quick word to snk522: if you see an old fart in that style max and he looks like he ain't into mods and you see rediculously skinny (oem exh), skinny 205/60/15's and the road ahead of ya looks like it will allow 50-60mph ascend, do the following:
1 - roll your power seat back 4 inches, and butt side down 2 inches
2 - turn up da volume a bit (a lot, actually)
3 - level your windows (both sides) 6 inches form the top
4 - wrap right hand behind pass. side headrest (if USDM & auto, ofcourse)
5 - roll back sunroof 5-6 inches from close position (do #4 again...lol)
6 - and....(MOST IMPORTANTLY)....jus' chill...

·
Registered
30 Posts
from what i've observed from everybody's input, it seems that there is a general agreement that off the line the max will "spaz" out quicker but once it comes back down to earth lol, the LEGEND is there to rip its butthole out of place and from existence period....ouch

let's also keep in mind that all comparison should be mod-for-mod, or bone stock!...and lets also keep the condition of the cars in view...

1 - 2 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.