Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
953 Posts
SleeprLegend said:
The Legend will win. I have owned both a 1996 Maxima SE 5spd and a 1992 L Coupe 5spd. I was in the Legend and pulled up next to a 1996 Maxima SE 5-spd. We both went and I took him off the line easily and just walked away the whole time. That was a TypeI too.
Later!
Lee
Umm no you didnt. Unless u are an amazing driver and that was a n00b 16 yr old then yes. The Maxima will take any legend off the line period. Ive raced my friend Charlie plenty of times he has a 98 Maxima GLE I have a 91 LS coupe auto. On the highways I can eat him for lunch, but at lower speeds he always takes me. He even has a Check engine light on with 70K more miles than me and his car is abused. The legend will easily win from 60mph+ I know from experience. Maxima's also have the VQ30DE, the VQ engine has been rated the best v6 for what? 7 years or so?. So unless you take out your rear seats, spare tire, and other un needed stuff you will lose of the line, once u get in the higher speeds you will pull on him.

·
Banned
953 Posts
azn_legend said:
i had a maxima 96 5speed and with a 3.5 swap and my buddy had a legend coupe 5 speed 1992 we when at it once and i took him out with my max 3.5 , but b4 the swap i never came close the the coupe .so stock to stock the legend anytime .
was the swap from the current 3.5 265 hp max? or the 00-03 Max?

·
Banned
953 Posts
WhyteLegend said:
I raced three maxima's before both 95 -97 model and a 2001
1. with cat-back exhaust and cold air intake auto he got :0wned: (three runs he was like :wtf: )
2. with cold air intake and exhaust 5spd he got :0wned: (both drag and top end) ...
3. we started at 45+ mph .. he blast off but I got him on the top end he was also like :wtf:(I have no chance with this car on the low end though)
oh I have a 5spd with a custom cold air intake (I made it).
You owned a 5 gen max? Beleivable(sp) But there is no way you would take a 5.5 gen max, no matter what you got under your hood, unless its dv8's car or something.

·
Banned
953 Posts
WhyteLegend said:
what is a 5.5 gen max? if you are talking the about the third car 2001 max .. I took him on the top end afterward we talk about it because both of us was wondering how was that possible... I hold out the fourth gear all the way .. well believe what you want but it happened.
the 00-01 maximas are 5th gen, on 220 hp- weak

the 02-03 maximas are the 5.5 gen because they got a 35 hp boost so they were 255 HP, and some extra torque. So yes u beating that 01 is beleivable.

there is no way you can get a 02-03 I promise, unless your going on a long circuit race that involves HIGH speeds like over 120 cause hes governed and ur not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.