Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 2004 Acura MDX Touring package. I noticed that the passanger side of the looked higher than the driver's side. So I took measurements from ground (flat ground) up to the base of the frame above the tire and and another mearement from the top of the tire to the base of the frame above the tire.

The measurements indicate that the passenger side (both front and back) is about 1/4 inch higher than the driver's side. For check the results, put the suv in rever position (i.e. facing the oposite direction) and took the measurements again to confirm that it is not the ground. The measurements with the car in the opposite direction also indicated that the passenger side is about 1/4 inch higher.

Can anyone tell what can be done to relsolve this? I would like to suggestions fromn the experts.

Thank you in advance,

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Welcome to Acuraworld! :)

This may be something obvious, but when you took the measurements, did you take tire pressure readings on all four wheels to be sure that there is no differential there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the tire pressures for all 4 tires are at 36 psi. And the measurements were taken from a flat ground. I measured two other Acura 2004 MDX for comparison but the height difference is within 1/16 of an inch in comparison with my MDX which is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch heigher on the passenger side. Is this something that is common with MDX or within factory specs?

I have taken detailed measurements since I posted this question.

You can view the picture and measurements at http://www.kdctechnologies.com/mdx

Uneven height

Thanks again,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try checking from top of the rim, it will eliminate the tire from equation.

Theoretically, it is possible that you got different springs on the right and left sides of your MDX... but I've only seen such thing on Russian made cars before :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts