Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Honda nav software is compatible with Acura? I am not a fan of paying $150 for upgrade from Acura since the software that came on my 2014 RDX was not worth the money in the first place. If not, I will continue to use my phone as the Google Maps are 100x better than Acura's software.
Thanks much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you are going to continue to use your phone with a nav app, I would recommend getting a Kenu Airframe Plus to hold the phone securely. I have mine mounted on the first vent to the right of the steering wheel. You can find more info at kenu.com.

I'm mainly using my phone in this holder because I just got my new '16 RDX Advanced and due to the skimpy manual, I find it difficult to program/use the GPS that the RDX comes with.

When I have more time, I'll try to post some shots of my in-car setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Navigation data base

Recently purchased 2015 RDX with NAV. Come to find out the data base of things like restaurants, for example, is probably close to 10 years out of date. Looked for one restaurant and it wasn't listed, been in business for at least 7 years. Also, another restaurant I used to frequent changed its name approx. 10 years ago, but it's listed under the old name. Spoke with Acura, Alpine (manufacturer of the NAV system) and nobody seems to have a clue as to when, if ever, this will be updated. I think I'll just use my phone. Disappointing in a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you google "acura gps navigation updates" and go to the first link, you may find something of value re the acura gps.

On that page, it also mention a "acuralink navigation app" for $60. Gets good reviews, but really doesn't explain what this app does. Anyone know?

I'm not allowed to post the actual link due to me only recently joining this forum after buying a '16 RDX Advanced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hugely disappointing NAV system

Very satisfied with all aspects of RDX experience... EXCEPT the nav system. This expensive upgrade is so out-of-date and has such an inadequate database, it's infuriating.

We just returned from an 11,000 mile cross country trip, where dozens of times places did not exist, navigating to places found delivered us miles away, huge, established areas had miles of "un-digitized" roads, and Graceland Mansion was in downtown Memphis.

Thank goodness we brought our motorcycle's Zumo along.

It's really quite serious when a luxury marque saves a few bucks by choosing a third-rate vendor for its customers.

·
car lover
14 Posts
Autonumen is one of the fastest-developing places in China. Autonumen provide the worlds top brands: Launch, SPX, Autobss, YANHUA TECH, Autel, ADS TECH, XTOOL TECH, V-checker, Tango, Silca, ICC, etc.With original brands products,you can get the best quality and after-sale service experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts