Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks:

I would like to know how easy or difficult it is to install the backup camera in a 2006 RL. A PDF of the installation instructions would be a plus.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I mounted mine 07-08 style... just need to buy the chrome license plate trim piece for 07-08. cut a hole in the trunk and run the line to the back of navi drive. you are done;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been hunting the attachment kit (08B21-SJA-200) for the 06' camera (which is still available). Acura discontinued the kit :(
Snowball's chance someone would have or know where to find an attachment kit (08B21-SJA-200). several online sellers show the number but when you call they indicate it's discontinued and no longer available, but acura still lists the part as a sort of place holder which the seller populates their parts list for...:(

I checked and the 05-08 license trim (color specific) is the same part number, and near as I can tell does not come with a pre-set camera mount...

Would an 07-08' camera function and/or plug-in to an 06' NAV?

·
Registered
2 Posts
After more online research I found that my local acura parts guys is not very versed on license trim parts and found a couple of online parts dealers that have a list of w & w/o tech package license trims which is consistent with your post. If only there was a way to find an 07-08 bracket for my 06 camera
I'm hoping the wiring diagram found at the ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/ post three of the thread 16231, is consistent with my 06' NAV
If so I can easily test the connections and hook up the 06 camera I bought from ebay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts