Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dont know if this is just my car or does all RSX have poor insulation. Or can it just be my tires? I have no idea. When I drive, I can hear my tires on the road, unless my radio is up. Its the loudest when it hits 45mph. Then its not so bad afterwards. Most of the noise comes from the back i believe. Unless its just how everything vibrates. Last time I got my car checked for it the shop told me it was because of bad module mounts. But thats also because it was pulling my car really bad when i step on the gas too. So of course I believed them. But the insulation is still sorry. So can anyone tell me is this all RSX that has poor insulation or is there something really wrong with my car that I need to fix because its annoying when i have the radio down and i'm on the phone or just talking...its as if i have my windows rolled down and driving on the highway. please help. thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they're not. they are kumho tires. i just donno y it makes that noise. its annoying. could it be of bad tires? like maybe the tire blocks are not wearing down correctly? it sounds like i have truck tires on my car! :p ugh, i'm so tired of listening to the sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like your tires.
When was your last wheel alignment?

Also do you rotate your tires every 5000 miles? If not sooner?

Lastly see if the sound follows the tires. Swap your rears to the front To test if noise moves to the front set.

The RSX should have proper insulation but not as much as a TL or RL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE

racepauly - GUESS WHAT! it was my tires! :p well, honestly...i dont ever rotate my tires...and i know i should cuz the fronts always goes out before the backs do. its just that my bf doesnt live in town to do it for me. I could go to a shop but i work 8-5...so most shops are closed. I know...no excuses. lol...but for sure...from now on...i will rotate my tires. I bought tires from american tires this time around. gosh tires are expensive! i guess the guy there kinda educated me a little bit more about tires. :p ... and i went back to the original stock size. when i bought my car they had smaller tires on and when i bought new tires for them...i bought 50s...but i guess originals are 55s. whatever works! i dont care. lol...what do i know. then again, i hope they didnt rip me off. lol...so LADIES...ROTATE UR TIRES, OR TAKE IT TO THE SHOP!! :p kk...good night!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for late reply but glad that was the problem. And that you fixed it.
America's tire is a great spot for most consumers. I have a few friends that work there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To avoid these kind of trouble I always check the ADAC tests before I buy any tires, even if the website is in german Google Translate helps. You just have to pick your tires size and it will show you the results for winter/summer tires.

The percent values in each column will give the final score.

The colums are like this (for winter tires):

trocken - dry
nass - wet
schnee - snow
eis - ice (that's easy to translate)
geräusch - noise
kraftstoffverbrauch - fuel consumption
verschleiß - wear

adac.de/infotestrat/tests/reifen/default.aspx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts