Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this is the right place to post. I just bought an Acural TL 2008 used but clean record about 6 weeks ago. Ran into my first "big" problem. The car cranks but doesn't turn over. This originally started a week ago when the car did not want to turn off even when the key was taken out of ignition. The engine wouldn't stop running. I had to take out the fuel pump fuse to turn it off (probably not ideal but couldn't deal with the problem too long, had to start work). After I got out of work the car barely started enough to drive home but would not turn off once outside the house. I was forced to take out the fuel pump fuse again because I did not know other solutions. The car cranks but doesn't turn over, no matter how many times attemped. Once I fully take out the key it stays on with all lights in the dashboard and makes a clicking noise around starter/battery area. For about 30-45 seconds then automatically stops but remains on. What is the issue? Anything I can try first? I can share a 60 second video with anyone through google drive. The only issue before that is the negative cable came off fully had to buy a new one because it was dead. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
First question, have you checked for a spark? Take a plug out, put it back in the boot, ground it to a metal part of the engine and crank it. Look for a spark. If none, you have an electrical or computer control problem.

Because the engine will not shut off, and your earlier problem with battery ground, Im pretty sure your problem is electrical, either the ignition switch, or a relay between the ignition swith and starter solenoid.

If you can read an electrical schematic, you can chase this down. If not, take the car to a dealer, or skilled mechanic. You could throw a lot of parts at this and not fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.