Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just recently bought this car from this broad that seemed to not know anything about engine work . & I'm starting to see the problems , now if Ive been using my car all day eventually if it s hot it won't start , by not starting I mean I turn the ignition switch & the starter will goo turn & turn & turn & just never actually have the engine run , if for some reason it does i here some sort of raddling inside I tend to step on the gas to try to keep it afloat if not it will just give out & turn off . Now when I first got the car the positive battery cable was a little worn out so I cut the tips & replaced the terminals that seemed to do the job for a couple days before it started doing it again . My power steering is leaking from the tip of the pully just throwing that out there I have no idea if this could be somewhat the problem . I took it too acura & they ran a diagnostic saying that my rear main seal is leaking oil , my right side passanger axle is damaged & of course the power steering nothing else . But my car runs beautifully when it's on . Now I don't have the actual main key for the vehicle so sometimes it thinks the valet is trying to steal it. Why i say that is because I could be using the car & the car while I driving would shut down & turn my hazards on while It slowly locks the wheels , ( I know the girl handed me this key & I didn't ask if this was the only key) now when it comes to me not using the car frequently it turns on no problem . The icon maintenance required comes on & flashes about 3 times . Before it goes away . My car can sit in idle & work perfectly fine while I'm driving very rarely it will shut down its happened twice since I got the car a couple weeks ago . This sh&$ is frustrating . I need help what could this be . Who could i bring it too without getting rapped with prices I don't even know if it's the problem or not . Now i do have a way of turning it on if I've been driving all day I usually keep turning the ignition and stopping if the engine doesn't cut on . But if I get it i rev the gas and it works but overnight it sits and works like a charm in the morning. This is driving me mad . What could be the issue I checked the battery and Walmart said its good . Any suggestions , it's a 99 Acura tl v Tec engine & it's at 151k miles

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that seem to be the issue now my car fires up like a charm ! ?? but now I'm having an issue with the power steering what is it that I have to change could I change just the hoses because they have a hole in them and it's been leaking terrible I am constantly having to buy power steering . It's exactly where the pressure pump it filthy & the hose behind it is. Broken . Is their a way I could just get the hose in or do I have to replace the whole thing ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts