Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently bought a used Acura TSX 2005 and was quite surprised to find out that there is no way to connect AUX (ipod, android phone or audio wire) and looked up few websites to find out what are the possibilities. I found few but its really hard to decide the best combination with so many options. I would really appreciate if someone can point me towards the best option(s) (if there are more than one), here are my requirements :

Acura TSX 2005 with Navigation (CD changer, Navigation & XM are installed)

1) Add an AUX input for [ iPhone 6, Android phone ] OR [ iPhone 6, 3.5mm Audio Input ]
2) Add camera (with night vision) for reverse and the video for that should show up on existing screen (navigation screen)
3) Able to play videos from [ iPhone 6 / Android phone ] over the existing screen (this can be the same as 1 or separate)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone knows any mechanic or person who can help me in bay area for above request that would be great as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually there are a couple of options. The one I used is a unit made from ISimple. The setup was a Gateway ISH571 with wiring harness and BT21 Blue Tooth adapter. This was actually on my 2004 Honda Accord and its compatible. I just pulled off and reinstalled onto my new 2005 Acura TSX. Any reputable audio shop should have options for you. This maybe be the fastest mod you can do. Very simple. Pop the cubbyholle pocket out. Unplug the xm harness plug into new harness and replug the xm from the ISimple kit into xm on radio. Boom! Done! The kit has hardwire for AUX and Ipod in addition to the BT. Im running and android and its easy with this setup than some factory optioned setups. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a Blitzsafe Auxiliary

:wavey:I'm new to the forum stuff and just joined today. I have an 03' TL and just got an 05' TSX this week for my daughter. She wanted to add something to connect her phone for music and we bought the Blitzsafe auxiliary, HON / AUX DMXV.2X. I had the same in my TL and really liked it. We did the install and it was so easy. The sound quality was great and she can connect any type of phone, or any of her friends phones. We did have to call and make sure we had the right connection. They were extremely helpful and this is an American company, something I really like. They also told me there new bluetooth is coming out soon and if I wanted to upgrade later, it would be at a discounted price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts