Acura World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Acura Integra RS auto.. i know im going to get hassled for owning an auto but its the best deal i could get and i love my integ!
Anyways i would like to know which do you guys think is the better cold air intake system for both sound and power.
The Injen CAI or AEM CAI??

·
5,402 Posts
Your not really going to notice the differences from the two brand, unless you own a RSX, they seem to have a better power gain with the Injen intake vs the AEM, but for the Integra you won't really notice mush of a differences.

Get the cheaper one.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The cold air intake is one of the few things that don't matter. Ur better off buying $5 cheap-o intake off ebay and putting a k&n filter on the end of it. Just keep ur stock intake n airbox for when you smog it.

·
Like a Boss
21,913 Posts
With our cars, it doesn't make a huge amount of difference. I'd say AEM just cause I can vouch for them making quality stuff, having had one of their intakes before, but either one should do the job fine.

One thing: if you buy it used, make sure it has all the clips and crap, otherwise you'll probably have to hit the hardware store for some stupid $.50 part in the middle of your install.

·
Registered
828 Posts
id go with the aem intake id much rather have it then the injen intake, my bros 97 integra had an injen intake on it when he bought it but we ripped it off and got an AEM intake

·
Registered
497 Posts
Both ar good my friend has an injen CAI.... and I know alot of people think they are no better than SRI but they are...... It is better to have a CAI if you take care of it and definitely put a bypass valve on it (hoping you'll never have to use it)...... I mean they are more expensive for a reason..... putting room temperature air instead of hot air is a good thing...... and just b/c I don't have a dyno sheet or something like that to prove it.... doesn't mean its not true that CAI are different. Good luck..... I don't think you'll be disappointed with either.

·
Opinionated
131 Posts
an intake is just a name

aluminum tube with a filter on the end. the markup from wholesale on these is roughly 1000-1300%. You're putting one of the AEM executives kids through college.

Build you're own and save $$$$ PVC pipe works wonders. It's cheap, and has many sizes to chose from. A lot of the muscle cars and talon boys around here swear by it.

·
5,402 Posts
Here a link to make your own CAI
Build Your Own Cold Air Intake - Team Integra

By adding a bypass to your CAI, is really going to be a SRI, why? because you have to cut the pipe into two pieces, and the hot air around your engine bay can into your bypass value, even on a hot day your CAI is sucking up hot AIR.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do they offer the AEM V2 for automatics? if not i think i may just go with the INJEN cai
Another question for throttle body spacer i can pick a OBX one up on ebay for like 40 bucks is that a good company?

·
5,402 Posts
Do they offer the AEM V2 for automatics? if not i think i may just go with the INJEN cai
Another question for throttle body spacer i can pick a OBX one up on ebay for like 40 bucks is that a good company?
I don't think they do.

·
Registered
497 Posts
In all honesty....the only reason why i would buy a sri over a cai is for the sound and price...SOME... hot air will be sucked in through the bypass valve but not all is coming from it....its coming from your filter... if that were the case why have a filter on the end of your cai at all.......... and I do believe that when you buy and injen or aem.... your buying ''nike's''......the name...... I think you can make something just as respectable with the time and know how.

·
994 Posts
SCC (r.i.p. :-( ) did a write up on CAI vs. SRI, the CAI gave better power at the top of the band while the SRI gave better mid range torque numbers.

·
Like a Boss
21,913 Posts
I hope he's got it figured out by now, dudes...this thread is like year old! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts