Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i am fairly new to this forum and this is one of my first postings. I have a 3.2 L J32A3 V6 2004 acura tl. I want my exhaust to sound more aggressive but i want to keep the stock exhaust. I heard that using test pipes/ straight pipes and deleting cat settings and resonator would make the exhaust sound more aggressive. I'm looking for any other methods i can use or any other ways i can make my stock exhaust sound better with out spending too much money. I am open to getting a new exhaust system but only if its affordable, so any affordable exhaust systems suggestions would be great. Thanks all!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most affordable way I've heard before on other vehicles (although prob not the most efficient) was to seperate the pipes from the mounts by leaving an air space with washers or nuts of your thickness to determine sound. I personally wouldn't do this for risk of losing performance... but that's me

Sent from work bathroom stall

·
Registered
17 Posts
I straight-piped the mid-muffler and replaced the stock resonator with a dynomax version. This is commonly referred to as Stage 3 of modifying the stock exhaust. Sounds awesome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts