Acura World banner

Air Intake

Tags
air intake
4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mnuhaily22 
#1 ·
Hey guys im new to the world of having a car but im a quick learner and i have a good friend who can help with most projects i would want to do

i have a 2000 Tl good amount of miles on it and i was considering putting on an air intake and i have a few questions about it

-Should i get an official kit for my car or just parts needed for the intake and put it together myself
-Ram air vs Cold air
-will the cost and effort be worth what i get back (power,MPG,ect.)

Thanks for the help

#2 ·
One, there is no such thing as an "official" kit. Every aftermarket intake is just that, aftermarket.

I guess it depends on where you live, but from personal experience the HP gains on a V6 with either CAI or Short Ram are rather negligible. The difference between the two are almost nil.

Put a K&N filter into the stock box and just enjoy the car.

That way you can save up money for the transmission that you will need.

#5 ·
Sorry but gota disagree, I got a short ram weapon-r intake in my 03 tls and it sounds amazing and adds a bunch of horsepower, seriously noticeable, but like common sense says, if you push that much air into you engine, you gota take it out right, so i would also get an exhaust to go with it :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.