Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, looking for a bit of help if anybody has any advice. my son slid our 2005 TSX into a curb with the drivers side rear wheel. it's his car so i want to keep the cost down, but it needs to be safe. i would have sold it for parts but just put in a new clutch, windshield and seat heaters.

the incident bent some suspension bits and set off the drivers curtain and seat (thoracic) airbag. i've bought a bunch of parts including 2 used airbags and a seatbelt, and had them installed. hit hard enough to bend the rim, lower control arm, uppper control arm and wheel hub - but with those parts replaced the alignment is now fine.

went to reset the computer but it keeps throwing the same code for airbags. now only the drivers window works, the other 3 windows won't go up or down although i can hear a switch on the front passenger side clicking when i try it. the sunroof works fine. the remote starter no longer works either, which it did just before replacing the airbags.

took it back to the installer, he retraced the wires looking for a loose connection. i'm told the airbags plug into a module (box?) and there is power going into it but not out. his diagnosis is that either the airbags are not compatible or there is also damage to the "box" (or would this mean the sensor?).

any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Whenever you've got an airbag deployment, you usually have to replace the SRS module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tips. the car is all back together, and i've reset the computer to the best of my local shops ability. warning lights are out now, but the power windows (except the drivers) don't work.

any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts