Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy - Hope this is the correct space for this. New owner of an '07 TL-S and it seems after I exit the vehicle, as soon as the door is closed, the alarm arms (red light flashing). But, the doors remain unlocked. Should I happen to open a door before hitting 'unlock', the alarm sounds.

Everything I have searched for and read has led me to believe this isn't normal. But I wasn't able to find anyone with the same symptoms.

It also seems to have a remote start system: Avital 4113. Documents for that do not indicate any sort of feature that would do this. Owners manual for the car also indicates that auto-locking should only occur upon unlocking the doors and not entering after X period of time.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I've heard of this before with some aftermarket alarm systems. Might want to check with the supplier to see if there's a comprehensive user's guide for it that goes beyond the manuals you have.

To me, those things are irritating. I'd yank the sucker out ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I think I'm leaning in that direction also. Time to find some wiring diagrams...

Otherwise, I've enjoyed the car greatly. Took it on a 1000K mile trip the day after I purchased it and couldn't be more happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts