Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon while in park the alarm was triggered and the beeping started. I don't know for sure what started it. I thought I had accidentally hit the panic button but not sure. My passenger also said that the alarm started after they manually clicked the unlock tab on the door. I'm not sure. I didn't know at the time that I could reset it by clicking the unlock button on the FOB twice so it was hell, minutes and minutes of this until I inadvertently double clicked the unlock.

I've read all kinds of stuff about old wiring and door/hood/tail gait triggers etc. I've had the mdx for over a year and this has NEVER happened. I'm at a loss. It actually happened twice, the first time I think I reset it then maybe a few minutes later it started again and then I think I reset it again. The rest of the night went without it happening again.

Any ideas?

Also, I've heard it being connected to clicking the fob lock twice and then hearing the beep - that confirms the security system is triggered and if you do NOT do this then the alarm won't get triggered again and start honking. That said, doesn't the security system automatically arm itself after the car is locked - even if you don't double click the lock and hear the signal?

And how can I take out the horn relay from the fusebox if I need to until I get it fixed?

My main question for now - I dk if it will happen again but if it does and until I can determine the cause is there a way to make sure the system does not arm itself, thus not having the potential to start beeping?

·
Registered
14 Posts
We had an old pathfinder that did that and it was the door triggers had gone bad on one of the front doors. I figured it out one day when I saw the dome light on.. and if I leaned up against the door it would go off.

The rubber weather guard had ripped and it wasn't hitting the door all the way so I stuck a piece of rubber that you'd put on the bottom of a chair leg so it wont slide on the wood floor on the part of the door that hits the trigger and it fixed it.

It was very touchy and sometimes the alarm would go off if it was too windy out before I fixed it.... sounds like your issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts