Acura World banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
95-99 Maxi=Sexy
00-03 Maxi=Sexy
05+ Maxi=HIDEOUS

Bro...tell me your limit and i will find you the best ride for your dollar, guarenteed. i can also just throw out some ideas

20k and under:
-Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
-Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart(Prime choice, brother has and i love it)
-Toyora Corolla S
-Mazdaspeed Protege

20-30k:
-Acura TSX(don't recommend- personally it doesnt have enough pep for the price)
-Subaru WRX
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS(stripped down, no power windows/locks, etc.)
-Lexus ES330
-Toyota Camry
-Nissan Altima SE-R
-Volvo S40
-Audi 1.8t A4

30-40k
-Acura TL
-Volvo S60R
-BMW 3 Series
-Mercedez C Class
-Audi A6
-Audi S4

hope this helps some

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
jinny said:
I like the Maxima...

although I'm not sure I understand how they can keep pushing the Altima closer, into the Maxima's size and performance category.

I think the Maxima SE has bigger wheels than the SL and is considered the more sporty of the range... although if I am not mistaken, it is less expensive.

personally I think it would be a fun car to have... and to top it off, you will be an all Nissan household :)

are you gonna add the optional sunroof or keep that skyview (or whatever they call it)?

are you getting the four passenger (Elite package or something) executive seating... or the regular 5 passenger bench-in-back seating?
They now have a $31,000 Altima :wired:
The Altima SE-R (or something like that)

The SE does have bigger wheels and starts less expensive, but when you add everthing to equate it to the SL, it end up being about 400-500 dollar more. Which is basically the extra cost of the tires and wheels.

I would get the normal sunroof, not the POS skyview, and just the reg 5 passenger seating

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
pianoman41 said:
Jeff, make sure you really check out the headroom. Get your position exactly the way you want it and make sure you fit.

I was very comfortable, and whatever seating position I was in yesterday was verey comfortable and I had plenty of room. Like I mentioned before, the interior felt much roomier than the TL.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
n3o said:
95-99 Maxi=Sexy
00-03 Maxi=Sexy
05+ Maxi=HIDEOUS

Bro...tell me your limit and i will find you the best ride for your dollar, guarenteed. i can also just throw out some ideas

20k and under:
-Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
-Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart(Prime choice, brother has and i love it)
-Toyora Corolla S
-Mazdaspeed Protege

20-30k:
-Acura TSX(don't recommend- personally it doesnt have enough pep for the price)
-Subaru WRX
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS(stripped down, no power windows/locks, etc.)
-Lexus ES330
-Toyota Camry
-Nissan Altima SE-R
-Volvo S40
-Audi 1.8t A4

30-40k
-Acura TL
-Volvo S60R
-BMW 3 Series
-Mercedez C Class
-Audi A6
-Audi S4

hope this helps some
I'm closing in on 32 years old with a growing family (2nd kid is being worked on as we speak, well actually not "as we speak" but pretty close :eek: )
So half of the cars you listed are ruled out immediately

I'd like to start at about $30 +/- The TL is a little out of my budget right now because they aren't dealing on them. Nor do I feel they are dealing on a g35 coupe, plus I think it's too small. We've owned a '00 Max before we got rid of it for the Murano and I really liked the car. I think the '05 may be the right car for me right now.

·
Tastes minty
7,324 Posts
Also, take a good look at the Mazda 6. That's not a half-bad car either and you can get it loaded with the V6 for about $27K.

·
jinny=guy, avatar=girl
17,140 Posts
the Mazda 6 is nice...
isn't there a MazdaSpeed version coming out soon?
or maybe it's already out...

and also...

I can't believe I'm gonna say this...

I think I like the Pontiac G6... :eek:

there, I said it. :bigcry:

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
A big fat NO to any Mazda product.

I parked next to the G6 the other day, and for a GM product - it really wasn't that bad. But I don't think I'll ever buy American again either. Basically it's Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infinity or Toyota/Lexus from now on. Although I would consider Audi, Volvo and BMW in the future.

·
Tastes minty
7,324 Posts
I will say this again--do yourself a favor and at least check out the TSX before you put down a deposit on the Maxima. It is smaller (not by much) and yes, it is a 4-cyl (but a damn good one), but you can probably get it with navi for less than the Max without navi, and with more features to boot.

·
Just bought an Acura
15 Posts
My 96 Maxima SE never failed on me. I received it with everything working perfectly and two years later I sold it with everything working perfectly . I bought it in 2003 and just sold it recently to pay off my new used 01 acura. although I did not know about the tranny problem, it worries me a little ;\

·
Registered
28,423 Posts
I've noticed JEff is absent today. :paranoid:

What did you do jiffy pop? :wired:

I was at the car show yesterday, needless to say I have the new car bug - and think I found what I want....unless I just get a beater civic. :mhihi:

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It's all but a done deal. I'm going tonight to sign the paperwork, so I assume I'll have the car tomorrow or wednesday. :wired:

'05 Maxima SL
Smoke w/ black leather
Regular Power Sunroof (not the skyview)
Driver Preferred Package
• High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-level xenon headlights1
• Power folding outside mirrors with memory function
• Auto-dimming outside mirrors
• Driver's seat entry/exit system (automatic transmission)
• Driver's seat power lumbar
• Heated steering wheel
• Power-tilt and power-telescoping steering column with memory function
• Driver's seat memory system with two-position memory

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
:bigok:

I hope it's good for you. Most say the Maxima is bullet-proof. ( maybe the G35C isn't the only Nissan I would look at ).

Are you keeping the TL? If you traded it in, how did that go?

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
SimTypeS said:
Are you keeping the TL? If you traded it in, how did that go?
I'm sure I got shafted. :wired:

But basically, I'm paying off my car, giving them $230 ( :lol: yes 2-3-0 dollars) and the new Max is costing me $20/month more.

I couldn't pass up the deal.

going from a '99 to and '05 for so little more money. :bigok:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2012 TL with Technology Package. It now has 97,700 miles, I am the only owner, it has been excellently maintained and I intend to try to keep it for another year or two. To do so, I am told that I must/should do a 100,000 mile service which I understand may cost as much as $1,800.00! I'm not clear on all that is included for this hefty cost, but I have heard specifically that 1. timing belt will be changed, 2. 6 platinum-tip spark plugs, 3. water pump and, if necessary 4. serpentine belt.

My question, especially for those who have recently had this service performed, is: what else should/must be included with this major service? $1,800.00 is a lot of mula! So, any help will be appreciated!!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts