Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay guys...those that were on A-CL or A-TL already know about this...those that weren't don't...so I'll go ahead and fill you all in...I'm working with a company to make custom, real aluminum trim kits for (so far) the Acura CL's and TL's. I'm also working on door sills for them as well. Soundspeed has taken on doing door sills (Soundspeed are you doing trim too?) for the Acura Legends, and I'll be happy to start this for any other models that are interested (but of course there has to be interest for the manufacturer to do it...which means 10 people for each trim kit model or door sill model).

I won't go into the politics of what happened with the TL and what was tried on the CL stuff but didn't (thank god) happen...but to make a long story short my TL groupbuy was taken over and turned into a profit maker, and there's nothing I could do about it. I was actually banned because I tried to fight that happening :(. One guy even posted that this was some money making scheme of mine...bad enough that I was doing this just to help others out...but worse that he accused me of doing the exact thing I got banned for trying to stop :(. I want to hook people up since I've found a good company that does quality work...and I said to myself "Well if I'm getting it why not help everyone else out too?". That's it, nothing more, end of story.

Now if you want to be clued in as to what's going on with all this, the CL and TL trim kits and door sills are in production as we speak...and should be out soon.

Preliminary pricing for the stuff goes as follows:
TL sills (engraved) - $65
TL sills (blank) - $45
TL trim - $205

CL sills (engraved) -$55
CL sills (blank) - $40

Those prices are including shipping if I am not mistaken...shipping was only $5. If you want to know the history of all this...or if you have a question...feel free to browse the TL thread (I saved it b/c it was deleted) or the CL thread...both of which I listed below:

TL Thread:
http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~renfroe/...minum Trim Kit in the Works from AP Signworks!(TXT).htm

CL Thread:
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=744361#post744361

If any other Acura people of other models are interested...let me know...I'll make it happen...just like hooking up my TL buddies and the CL guys...it's no skin off my mind, and I don't mind a little extra work to hook anyone up :D Look for more of my groupbuys in the future.

Cheers all,
Austin519

legal note: AcuraWorld.com and its management team make no promises, express or implied, to the value/quality/suitability of the merchandise. All purchases are at the buyer's own risk.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I forgot to mention...I've temporarily lost the sample that the trim and sills will be primarily made out of...but it looks like a cross between Sample 1 and Sample 3, but with no pattern in the metal...the nicest looking of all of them.

And since I know people will be worried...I tried scratching the anodized pieces (aka all but #4) with my keys for 3 minutes...no scratches...none. These pieces are solid...the chrome obviously scratches easy...but it wouldnt' scratch with a penny. But yes, a key does do damage...however I buffed it out with some polish I had...so again...no worries.

Austin519

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I forgot to mention...I've temporarily lost the sample that the trim and sills will be primarily made out of...but it looks like a cross between Sample 1 and Sample 3, but with no pattern in the metal...the nicest looking of all of them.

And since I know people will be worried...I tried scratching the anodized pieces (aka all but #4) with my keys for 3 minutes...no scratches...none. These pieces are solid...the chrome obviously scratches easy...but it wouldnt' scratch with a penny. But yes, a key does do damage...however I buffed it out with some polish I had...so again...no worries.

Austin519

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Austin I know Ive told you this before, but YOU DE MAN!! the material in the pic looked kind of thin, how thick is the sill and would it bend, dent if we have to fight with it a little when putting it on?:D

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Austin I know Ive told you this before, but YOU DE MAN!! the material in the pic looked kind of thin, how thick is the sill and would it bend, dent if we have to fight with it a little when putting it on?:D

·
2,315 Posts
Hey Austin what about us 1st GEN TL's? Can you still get them for us? I would like brushed aluminium with "INSPIRE" lettering if possible.

Oh one other thing, I think I asked you this before but since this guy has a CNC machine, do you think he could manufacture a grill.

thanks again.

·
2,315 Posts
Hey Austin what about us 1st GEN TL's? Can you still get them for us? I would like brushed aluminium with "INSPIRE" lettering if possible.

Oh one other thing, I think I asked you this before but since this guy has a CNC machine, do you think he could manufacture a grill.

thanks again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey austin...how about the shift knob plate?

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey austin...how about the shift knob plate?

Attachments

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Where do I send the money???

I like samples #2 and #3....

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Austin, I'm glad that you're pursuing this effort...

I like the #3 material best for the dash, and #2 for the sills. No chrome please! It's way too reflective.

The "Acura" font is terrible; it has thick and thin lines and corners that don't match the original Acura emblem. We need to work on that Bro. :D Otherwise it'll look like a cheezy knockoff. I can help you out with the graphics if you'd like.

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
WOW....$65 for all 4 door sills or for just one???

Either way if someone gets the Inspire ones and they look good, then I'd DEFINITELY be interested in getting those after a little while.

THANK YOU for your effort Austin!!! :D

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
jimster716 said:
Are the prices for 1 or 2 sills?
I believe the price listed is for the set of four for a TL and set of 2 for the CL.

1 - 20 of 330 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.