Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,


I've finally made my sub-woofer box, I have my amp ..now its a matter of time to do the dirty work and actually hook it up on my 97 TL.

Can anyone help me with the actual power SWTICH connection to the fusebox? I know there is a diagram on the door cover of the fusebox, but it seems harder than it looks. We're dealing with cramped space and hidden wires. So any help will be appreciated ..pics or just a detailed procedure.

Thanks to all my TL brothers!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Hook up your amp to the battery and remote turon on from the radio. Don't try to wire a amp into a factory fusebox.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
valuetl said:
Hook up your amp to the battery and remote turon on from the radio. Don't try to wire a amp into a factory fusebox.

We've attempted to try to find a way to pull the head unit out. No luck ..but we'll try again once the weather is warmer ...any suggestions?
 

·
Acuraworld Member
Joined
·
386 Posts
TommyTL said:



We've attempted to try to find a way to pull the head unit out. No luck ..but we'll try again once the weather is warmer ...any suggestions?
Sure.

Step 1: Remove the wood trim. Use a flathead screwdriver wrapped in an old T-Shirt or rag and gently pry it off. I always start on the passenger side and work my way in. Once its off unplug the two climate control plugs and take it completely off.

Step 2: Remove the 4 philips screws around the black radio frame. After that the whole radio should just pull out. Good luck! :bigok:

If you need more help just let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
96TL said:


Sure.

Step 1: Remove the wood trim. Use a flathead screwdriver wrapped in an old T-Shirt or rag and gently pry it off. I always start on the passenger side and work my way in. Once its off unplug the two climate control plugs and take it completely off.

Step 2: Remove the 4 philips screws around the black radio frame. After that the whole radio should just pull out. Good luck! :bigok:

If you need more help just let me know.
Is that the only way? Seems like u can do some serious damage on the wood trim if you screw up
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top