Oh boy...I might just order that

#5 ·
Gonna sticky this...

Austin519

#8 ·
I just ordered this unit...

#11 ·
lauderdale tl:
I would assume they have an application for it...

Austin519

#12 ·
Well...about 7 hours it took to install the Video Navi Kit in my ride....The TV antenna is a little weak...But didn't get the kit for tv....DVDs.....and X-BOX. I still didn't install x-box yet. Still trying to figure out how to rig the power source on it...Anyway...Video Navi Kit is great..I highly recommend it!!!

#15 ·
Mstyle said:
Well...about 7 hours it took to install the Video Navi Kit in my ride....The TV antenna is a little weak...But didn't get the kit for tv....DVDs.....and X-BOX. I still didn't install x-box yet. Still trying to figure out how to rig the power source on it...Anyway...Video Navi Kit is great..I highly recommend it!!!
Are you still liking it? Where did you install the DVD player and which one did you get?
Thanks

#16 ·
Whatever happened to the second link? Anyone have any more info on this? I know it's been a while...

Also, wow, I might get an MDX! Didn't know they could do this!

Important Note for owners of 2003/4 Acura MDX, 2004 Lexus RX330, and Infiniti FX35/45 with factory Rearview Camera: our system does not trick the factory navigation system so it does not mess up any of the navigation CPU/Rearview Camera functions. The GPS/Trip Computer/MPG/Time Travel/Fuel to Distance/etc, will be working in the background when our system is on.

#17 ·
dboat said:
Are you still liking it? Where did you install the DVD player and which one did you get?
Thanks
Sorry..

Here are some pics of my car...The DVD is underneath the passenger seat....

Attachments

#18 ·
Well Awwwwright

Thanks for the pics.. they are great and I went and did mine too but didnt post the pics yet... I love it.. we had to drive the car 23 hours to move me from Dallas to Erie.. the dvd player ability makes all the diff in the world on a trip like that..
Dana

#19 ·
hey i just received mines and it only took me 2 1/2 hours to install (already have an indash dvd player). It is much easier to install than it looks. Total cost was $545 shipped and i received it in about 5 days. I would recommend it everyone with navi since now i can make use of the screen. My navi sucks in baton rouge.

#21 ·
Here is the new link for it:

http://www.abunchofcars.com/diy_pages/audio/tl_navi_conversion/tl_naviconversion.htm

A few ? for those that have installed this:

1. How is the sound of the DVD playing? Is the sound from all of the car's speakers?

2. How did you power the DVD, from the car's 12 volts?

3. What brand dvd did you use?

I want this mod so bad. The only thing i'm afraid is the install, I don't want to fry the Navi by mistake.

#22 ·
Flounder said:
Here is the new link for it:

http://www.abunchofcars.com/diy_pages/audio/tl_navi_conversion/tl_naviconversion.htm

A few ? for those that have installed this:

1. How is the sound of the DVD playing? Is the sound from all of the car's speakers?

2. How did you power the DVD, from the car's 12 volts?

3. What brand dvd did you use?

I want this mod so bad. The only thing i'm afraid is the install, I don't want to fry the Navi by mistake.
1. Yes. Sound is as good as the device you are using. If you use the FM Modulator...sound is pretty bad. If you use the Blitz adapter...practically perfect sound.

2. Powered DVD from 12volt cigarette lighter tapped in.

3. Some generic "Made In China" no region coding.

This mod is so easy, the only way you can mess up is if you intended to. Everything is practically plug and play. If you need help on certain areas and need it clarified...feel free to email me. My friend and I done like 3 or 4 of these units already.

#23 ·
peiqinglong said:
1. Yes. Sound is as good as the device you are using. If you use the FM Modulator...sound is pretty bad. If you use the Blitz adapter...practically perfect sound.

2. Powered DVD from 12volt cigarette lighter tapped in.

3. Some generic "Made In China" no region coding.

This mod is so easy, the only way you can mess up is if you intended to. Everything is practically plug and play. If you need help on certain areas and need it clarified...feel free to email me. My friend and I done like 3 or 4 of these units already.
same for me too.. after you do one install the next time you could do it in half the time..

#24 ·
OK let me get this straight,

I read on another forum that the DVD feature won't work if the car is moving. This does not sound right, is this true?

Someone mentioned that there was a connection needed to the brake line/wire & the DVD feature won't work unless the parking brake is activated.

#25 ·
Re: OK let me get this straight,

Flounder said:
I read on another forum that the DVD feature won't work if the car is moving. This does not sound right, is this true?

Someone mentioned that there was a connection needed to the brake line/wire & the DVD feature won't work unless the parking brake is activated.
Mine works fine while I am driving down the road. In fact, the wife and I drove over to Land of Cleve (Cleveland) this last weekend and watched a couple of "thumb" movies and then Cruel Intentions.. made the drive that much easier.. :D
We be happy..
Dana

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.