Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new battery in my 2012 MDX and somehow I believe I triggered the anti-theft system. Now every time I turn the key to start the car the entire electrical system shuts down. I have tried a bunch of suggestions from the internet/You Tube, checked fuses, etc. but nothing works. Any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe try cleaning the inside of the terminals (what comes in contact with the battery posts) until they are shiny like new metal. A thin layer of vaseline will go a long way towards preventing future corrosion too. Good luck!! Hope it helps

·
Registered
99 Posts
I put a new battery in my 2012 MDX and somehow I believe I triggered the anti-theft system. Now every time I turn the key to start the car the entire electrical system shuts down. I have tried a bunch of suggestions from the internet/You Tube, checked fuses, etc. but nothing works. Any ideas?
one of the common reason may be loose connection of battery cables on either the positive or negative cable, or there may be fussible links which are special wires that are designed to act like fuses. so check them also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts