Acura World banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
14,009 Posts
I'm waiting on getting the word from two local dealers. :dunno:

BTW - I hear the HLSD may fit on the 5AT CLS.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lsd on tls 5sp

It won't hwelp if they do not get a new stronger transmission. Ive read on BMW.org board trannys have been failing on 3.5 RLs too. I wonder if buying a new design like 6sp is wise considering Honda's history with Auto trans. Is there a revised tranny being used now/Is it same on on non-s 3.2 tl/cl?
 

· Moderator?
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
Re: lsd on tls 5sp

Jay Gans said:
It won't hwelp if they do not get a new stronger transmission. Ive read on BMW.org board trannys have been failing on 3.5 RLs too. I wonder if buying a new design like 6sp is wise considering Honda's history with Auto trans. Is there a revised tranny being used now/Is it same on on non-s 3.2 tl/cl?
Manual and auto are totally different beasts. Honda has long been known for good manuals. And autos have long been known as Honda's weak point.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
14,009 Posts
Re: Re: lsd on tls 5sp

Agreed. I remember the accord 5-speed was so slick - even like 10 years ago.

mdaniel said:


Manual and auto are totally different beasts. Honda has long been known for good manuals. And autos have long been known as Honda's weak point.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,480 Posts
i dont know how to drive a manual but should i go and take a test drive? :eek:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,480 Posts
i guess i am on my way to a ford dealer. :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I test drove the CLS 6 last weekend. The car is a TOTAL BLAST to drive. Handling was superb and greatly exceeded my expectations, I noticed absolutely no body roll and turns were very tight and precise.

The close ratio, short throw 6 speed controlling 260 horses was pure joy...well, typical HONDA execution of course :thumbsup:

I also drove the 2002 Audi A4 Quattro 6 spd. to compare and the Audi with its super long throws and rubbery shifter is basically JUNK :nono:
 

· Moderator?
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
thejavagod said:
I also drove the 2002 Audi A4 Quattro 6 spd. to compare and the Audi with its super long throws and rubbery shifter is basically JUNK :nono:
Yeah what are they thinking? I played with the shifter in a 1.8T at the LA auto show and it felt like a wet noodle. I've taken 3 test drives in the CL 6 speed so far and its shifter felt perfect. Almost as good as the clutch.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Rain

Did some wet weather driving tonight. Nooooo problem. Stuck to road like a champ. Damm these Acura's a good cars. By the way mdaniel, it's time you got your 03. 3 test drives...... you need one of your own:)
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
14,009 Posts
Damnit - I gotta go hit one of my local dealers up for a ride. The fookers never called me to tell me they were in. :mad:
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
14,009 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
16,475 Posts
First and foremost, don't revive old threads. Naw....just joking. Welcome to the acura world. I'm sure you'll be very happy. I've drivien teh new '03 and was very pleased in comparison to my '01. Many similarities and a few cosmetic differences other than the 6sp. manual. Do you have any specific questions regarding the car?!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top