Acura World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone drive 6sp cls yet, I go to dealer on Saturday , not enough time this week, I have to work,

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
I'm waiting on getting the word from two local dealers. :dunno:

BTW - I hear the HLSD may fit on the 5AT CLS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lsd on tls 5sp

It won't hwelp if they do not get a new stronger transmission. Ive read on BMW.org board trannys have been failing on 3.5 RLs too. I wonder if buying a new design like 6sp is wise considering Honda's history with Auto trans. Is there a revised tranny being used now/Is it same on on non-s 3.2 tl/cl?

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Re: lsd on tls 5sp

Jay Gans said:
It won't hwelp if they do not get a new stronger transmission. Ive read on BMW.org board trannys have been failing on 3.5 RLs too. I wonder if buying a new design like 6sp is wise considering Honda's history with Auto trans. Is there a revised tranny being used now/Is it same on on non-s 3.2 tl/cl?
Manual and auto are totally different beasts. Honda has long been known for good manuals. And autos have long been known as Honda's weak point.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Re: Re: lsd on tls 5sp

Agreed. I remember the accord 5-speed was so slick - even like 10 years ago.

mdaniel said:

Manual and auto are totally different beasts. Honda has long been known for good manuals. And autos have long been known as Honda's weak point.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
i dont know how to drive a manual but should i go and take a test drive? :eek:

·
Registered
582 Posts
The 6 speed cl is most awsome. Practice on a friends manual before you test drive a cl.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
i guess i am on my way to a ford dealer. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I test drove the CLS 6 last weekend. The car is a TOTAL BLAST to drive. Handling was superb and greatly exceeded my expectations, I noticed absolutely no body roll and turns were very tight and precise.

The close ratio, short throw 6 speed controlling 260 horses was pure joy...well, typical HONDA execution of course :thumbsup:

I also drove the 2002 Audi A4 Quattro 6 spd. to compare and the Audi with its super long throws and rubbery shifter is basically JUNK :nono:

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
thejavagod said:
I also drove the 2002 Audi A4 Quattro 6 spd. to compare and the Audi with its super long throws and rubbery shifter is basically JUNK :nono:
Yeah what are they thinking? I played with the shifter in a 1.8T at the LA auto show and it felt like a wet noodle. I've taken 3 test drives in the CL 6 speed so far and its shifter felt perfect. Almost as good as the clutch.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Rain

Did some wet weather driving tonight. Nooooo problem. Stuck to road like a champ. Damm these Acura's a good cars. By the way mdaniel, it's time you got your 03. 3 test drives...... you need one of your own:)

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Re: Rain

6speed said:
By the way mdaniel, it's time you got your 03. 3 test drives...... you need one of your own:)
Hey I think there's still 20 or so dealers left in SoCal. :)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Damnit - I gotta go hit one of my local dealers up for a ride. The fookers never called me to tell me they were in. :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm getting one!

I'm new to this site since this is my first acura. If anyone has any suggestions s to what i cn do or should do, please comment. :)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
First and foremost, don't revive old threads. Naw....just joking. Welcome to the acura world. I'm sure you'll be very happy. I've drivien teh new '03 and was very pleased in comparison to my '01. Many similarities and a few cosmetic differences other than the 6sp. manual. Do you have any specific questions regarding the car?!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts