Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard or have Dynoed a stock NSX??? I'm just wondering how far away we are to it? If we were to get Headers, Greddy full exhaust, and CAI, with that we should be about 245HP to the wheels, NO??? Anyway there was one on the freeway today, beautiful black, that revved by me and I said "Come on, give me a break." But if it was stock could I hang with those mods??????????

Hey Barnman maybe you could help?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'll give ya some figures...after all....I am a NSX freak0! :D

Well....typically....the stock figures ranges from 230-245 RWHP, with about 188 Torque

and if you add the Comptech Supercharger, Intake, Headers, Exhaust, you'll get around 320-333 RWHP, and around 225-244 Torque.

These are all to the wheels. not crank. I'm sure the mods for our cars will bring it par with a factory spec NSX...but c'mon....we're ManuMatic! :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I know, there's no comparision but just wondering If I would have been smoked or not! But a 91-93 NSX (I think) doesn't have that much HP until they went to the 3.2 or something like that??? Can someone tell the diff. between a 91 or a 97? Do they look identical? Beside the targa top?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
here are the key differences between the "older" model to the "newer" model. :)

91-96 - C30A engine, 270HP, 5 speed manual. 97 and UP C32B, 290 HP..6 speed manual

1995, Targa tops are introduced and roof matched painted, "Sportshift" introduced for automatic NSXs

1994 changed wheel design from 5 spoke to 7 spoke

1997, larger front and rear brake rotors and thickness

ahhh, i'm lazy...here is most of the changes in 1997 from the older models. haha

Different exhaust manifolds, now stainless steel and free breathing
Different cylinder linings, fiber reinforced (FRM)
Larger intake valves
Different head gaskets
Larger connecting rod bearings
Numerous emission control system changes
Six speed manual transmission - 6th gear is engaged by a solenoid. The gearshift activates a switch to change gears.
Double synchros on 3rd through 6th gears
Lockout of reverse gear above 12mph
Dual-disc clutch changed to a single disc clutch
Dual mass flywheel
Larger diameter spare tire to clear new brakes
Stronger, thinner aluminum body panels
Heat absorbing glass instead of bronze glass
Immobilizer anti-theft system with coded key using an electronic transponder. No more all-metal keys.
Ignition switch light went away to make room for the immobilizer antenna.
Improved NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness)
The final gear ratio does not change, so 6th gear in the 1997 NSX results in 6.9% higher vehicle speed than 5th gear in the 1996 model.
New aluminum alloy in selected body areas to reduce weight and increase rigidity
Larger spare tire size (from 15 in to 16 in diameter)
Refined electronic power steering control
Revised shape of the front spoiler
Refined ABS braking system
Improved Traction Control System (TCS) with new control logic

if you have anymore questions...like colors....haha..let me know Brad..... :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very, Very good RAY!!! U really should have bought a NSX :p I know it's aluminum right, But then no 4 doors :bigcry: :D Anyway I'll leave this subject alone than but I just don't understand why ACURA didn't put the C32B in our TL-S it wouldn't have $$$ that much :jackass:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
hahaha...yeah. But my mom said hell no..cause the price of a New TL-S equals a flawless 92 NSX. I really wanted a 2 door this time for my purchase..but ended up with the TL-S just cause it looked better than the CL-S... :D and if they put that engine into the TL-S..they gotta configure it for front end, front wheel drive? lol! that would be something....but seriously..if they did...what's the point for the NSX? since, the HP matches it yanno yanno. :angel:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah a 92 NSX would have been great but that's always the ? get a new car or a better one that's a little older? but at least you know what you new car has been thru and the care that is given to it! That should make you proud from that stand point!

DID you buy your TL-S Ray? I leased mine so that's why I'm kinda resisting spending so much $$$ into it but I'll end up doing it anyway :D

And did you ever get Ivan's Greddy Exhaust??? I really want to see it!!! and hear it!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.