Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone has pics of their TL with H&R OE springs? I'm trying to compare drops with H&R sport springs.
Thanks,
Peter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
songoku have on his car. scroll up. he took the picture of his car with the 19 inches wheel on it.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
104 Posts
As stated by calvinpham songoku has them, BUT with 19"...:) NICE RIMS :beerchug:

However, I think the wheel gap will be more with stock 17" Type S rims... anybody still with stock setup and H&R OE springs could you post pics of front and back... Thanks

Also for comparision sake... if someone has H&R Sport springs it will be nice if they can be post PICS too...

Perhaps a mod can move it to the FAQ. That way HOPEFULLY no-one else will ask this question.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post pics.

:bigok:
TLS RULZ
 

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
I personally seen OE springs with Type-S wheels and I was like :eek: . That was perfect drop I was looking for. Not too slammed but giving great look with small amount of drop. If you don't like too much drop, you can't go wrong with OE springs.
 

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
TLS RULZ said:
However, I think the wheel gap will be more with stock 17" Type S rims...

TLS RULZ
Wait a minute!!! Petrie doesn't have 17" Type S rims. :sqnteek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
ha ha, my car foolio!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Petrie2001 said:
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone has pics of their TL with H&R OE springs? I'm trying to compare drops with H&R sport springs.
Thanks,
Peter.
Here is my TL with H&R OE Spring!!!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
TL-S with H&R OE Spring!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
More pic....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
wow nice drop on the wheel. i wish i have the money to get the springs like that :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts

·
Registered User
Joined
·
290 Posts
So is it a lot harsher or more bouncy than stock? I am not sure if you can answer this but if I get the OE springs and put about 250-300 pounds worth of stereo stuff in the trunk will the rear sag like a Grand Prix or will it still look normal?


Bryan

evolaerok said:


Ride is good. The handling is perfect and no more heavy nose dive while braking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
autophile1 said:
So is it a lot harsher or more bouncy than stock? I am not sure if you can answer this but if I get the OE springs and put about 250-300 pounds worth of stereo stuff in the trunk will the rear sag like a Grand Prix or will it still look normal?


Bryan

Just little bit bouncy than the stock one. I actually like it alot about the riding quality. Is not too bouncy and it communicate a good road felling.:bigok:

I believe the rear will be sag. Like what you see on the picture, my rear is lower than the front. I was think to cut the front spring so it will look better but I'm afraid it will be too low after cut it, so I just leave the way it is.

If you afraid about the sag, maybe you should go for coilover kit so you won't worry about the problem...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
H&R are tight. i have them. they ride smooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Just a warning....

your rear will be lower than the front.... making your ride look like you have tons of bottled water and groceries in the trunk. I personally think that looks.... well, let's just say it ain't may style.

I gotta know cuz I used to have H&R OEM before. Now I have Comptechs and am very happy. :D
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
290 Posts
Do you have pics with your Comptechs? What do you have in the trunk? I was originally planning on getting the Comptechs but was afraid that i would lose too much of the ride quality... Any comments?

Bryan

SLVR TL said:
Just a warning....

your rear will be lower than the front.... making your ride look like you have tons of bottled water and groceries in the trunk. I personally think that looks.... well, let's just say it ain't may style.

I gotta know cuz I used to have H&R OEM before. Now I have Comptechs and am very happy. :D
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
autophile1 said:
Do you have pics with your Comptechs? What do you have in the trunk? I was originally planning on getting the Comptechs but was afraid that i would lose too much of the ride quality... Any comments?

Bryan

search for my pics in the gallery, i have the comptech drop and nothing in the trunk. it's lower than the OE for sure but i love the look and drop
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top