Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is this company called ecotek and they are supposed to have a valve that connects to an intake hose to circle the air in the combustion chamber (YES like the famous TORNADO) but this is actually supposed to work there website is www.ecotekplc.com and all the people at benzsport.com swear by it! It's gotten a lot of reviews, even from Max Power? It's supposed to improve throttle responce and especially fuel. Also it makes this pushing noise kinda like a turbo, I hope???

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL??? PLZ BACK UP SOME FACTS CUZ I KNOW IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ALREADY!!!

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
Well, they have a couple of things going for them...a decent web page and no toolish spokesperson on an infomercial. But it seems a little too good to be true....21.8% decrease in fuel consumption??:sqnteek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have it on my Celica. I don't feel anything as far as power gain goes, possibly because of all other mods that i did at the same time (header, intake, etc.).... About the fuel consumption, i never pay attention :sqnteek:

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
bigmonkey70 said:
I have it on my Celica. I don't feel anything as far as power gain goes, possibly because of all other mods that i did at the same time (header, intake, etc.).... About the fuel consumption, i never pay attention :sqnteek:
Then do the general internet public a favor and drive around for a while without it and "report". :angel:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They do say that there is a way to shut it? Then drive it, then turn it on and see what happens? Does it make a hissing noise or can't U tell over your intake?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yea you can shut it ... and the hissing when you adjust the valve is very loud. According to their instruction, it is properly let turn just a tick more after the hissing noise is gone.

And no I can't feel anything power gain between shut off and open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.