Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Anyone replace stock shocks yet?

Outlook said:

Are yours going already? I thought they should last till about 65000 to 85000 miles with the aftermarket springs :shakehed:
No they arent going, but i would like to know if changing them out would help the ride. ;)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone replace stock shocks yet?

evolaerok said:

I heard the ride is more firm, but ride better due to little bounce.
yup there will be less bounce (a lot less from what i heard) though it would be a bit harsh sometimes

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had Tokico non-adjustables put in at the same time as my comptech springs. The ride is certainly firmer than stock and I'd say smoother too on normal surfaces. Things are bumpier than stock setup when on really :shakehed: lousy roads.

Yes, I'm happy that I changed my shocks too.:)

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Bebber said:
I had Tokico non-adjustables put in at the same time as my comptech springs. The ride is certainly firmer than stock and I'd say smoother too on normal surfaces. Things are bumpier than stock setup when on really :shakehed: lousy roads.

Yes, I'm happy that I changed my shocks too.:)
How bumpy? Bumpy to where you just wanna take'em out sometimes? Or are they compliant like a bmw sport suspension setup?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I can tolerate the bumps when they come, but I'm still a yougin' and don't have the aching bones and sore backs that make older folk demand plush n' bouncy suspension.

I think the car rides just fine and consider the added reponsiveness more than commensurate for the slightly increased harshness. How often do you hit a bump anyways? Most of the time the roads are smooth and so is the ride. Yes, it still rides like a luxury car should.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.