Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all my windows tinted except the front windshield. Only 35% though, and i never get bothered by the cop at all. So my question is, how bad would it be if i got my front done, but say with a 50% or even lighter than that if there is one. You think it would make my sides look too dark to the point i'd get pulled over? Anyone have this done? Any pics? :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
I've never had it done, but a buddy of mine who owns a tint business keeps telling me to get it done. If you do it light enough, it'll be enough to cut down some of the glare of oncoming cars - but not enough to impede your view and attract the cops.

Let us know if you do it!! :D
 

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
I was originally going to tint my front 3 55% and rear 3 35% but ended up leaving the windshield out. Why? Well you really have to choose between a *slightly darker windshield vs better frontal radar detection. I chose the better detection :( Too bad you cant have both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
edgalang said:
I was originally going to tint my front 3 55% and rear 3 35% but ended up leaving the windshield out. Why? Well you really have to choose between a *slightly darker windshield vs better frontal radar detection. I chose the better detection :( Too bad you cant have both.
true....which reminds me...i need a radar
 

·
Oracle11iGuru
Joined
·
249 Posts
Let us know if you do it... and post pics too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,535 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
I have all my windows tinted except the front windshield. Only 35% though, and i never get bothered by the cop at all. So my question is, how bad would it be if i got my front done, but say with a 50% or even lighter than that if there is one. You think it would make my sides look too dark to the point i'd get pulled over? Anyone have this done? Any pics? :angel:
Front windshield? I wish, I had to pull off my tint from my driver and passenger side windows :( You have no idea how lucky you are that the cops haven't messed with you. Oh well, i'm just venting...I'm sure it'll look dope.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Astroboy


I was thinking about the whole thing, not tank style. ;)
Looks good though!

but i forgot about the radar dectector.. so for that reason im not going to do it.I rather get a tint ticket than a speeding ticket. . :beerchug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
BobaTimez (on the other site) tinted his front windshield with a clear UV film to help reduce the heat. I think he's happy with it.

I'm just reluctant to put any kind of tint on the front windshield because even if you had just the tiniest little air bubble or scratch on the tint, it would be smack dab in the middle of your face and would quickly become a nuisance. Ray, I know you want to get the mirror tint on the front windshield so you can stare at yourself as you drive, but I don't think the rest of us are so self-indulgent. :rolleyes:
hahaha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
Bebber said:
BobaTimez (on the other site) tinted his front windshield with a clear UV film to help reduce the heat. I think he's happy with it.

I'm just reluctant to put any kind of tint on the front windshield because even if you had just the tiniest little air bubble or scratch on the tint, it would be smack dab in the middle of your face and would quickly become a nuisance. Ray, I know you want to get the mirror tint on the front windshield so you can stare at yourself as you drive, but I don't think the rest of us are so self-indulgent. :rolleyes:
hahaha.
hahaha Josh...you punk! I also think that's a drawback from tint the front windshield. the mirror tint will also give a mirror effect on the inside...thus reducing what your seeing on the road. :bash: hahahah!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Yeah, I tinted my front windshield but they said it was hard to put it on. So there is still some bubbles on it. I think the cops won't notice it unless the cops are in the opposite directions and I think the cops won't make a U turn just to get me.
 

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
I haven't seen anyone with front W/S tinted....but isn't it too much hassle to tint the front W/S?? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,140 Posts
I had mine done a few weeks ago, but still need to take pictures. Legal here is 70%, but the shop I go to doesn't even carry that because it is so light you won't notice anything. I got 50% (cost $85 and took one hour) on mine, and you can barely notice it. If you know what to look for you can see it. It really helps the glare from the inside, and keeps its a lot cooler. There are no bubbles on mine that I can see, and I even looked around the edges on those little bumps.
I pulled into a Starbucks the other day, nice and sunny day I might add, and there were like 4 cops sitting inside it next to the window. I parked right in front of them and they were looking at me as I pulled in. I was thinking I was busted, having the window tinted and no front license plate. They didn't say a word. Keep in mind that I have a WDP with Parchment, so mine may look lighter than yours. BUT, if a cop does sweat you, just open the moonroof to let some light into your car, or turn on your map lights.
Not all films hurt radar performance, too. And if you always mount it in the same spot, maybe the tint shop can leave a little opening so the radar can do its job. I think you should get the tint. I'll try and take some quality pictures of it...
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top