·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I downloaded the update yesterday and mine's working just fine.

nootch said:
Are any of the work arounds working?

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
AOL sux, it always has and it always will! What a total ripoff! I pay $9.95/mo. for my dialup service. Why do people pay so much more for so less?

:confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Y'know, I agree that AOL sucks but there is a reason that they are still in business and making money on the internet. Its called brand recognition and predatory business. Ypu guys in the business know that making real money as an internet company is next to impossible and if you had a foothold on a market, like AOL does with AIM then you would attempt to cream anyone trying to screw with that. We would ALL be doing the same thing. Will they be successful in the long run - NO. IM has to converge and AOL will have to be involved in that convergence. BUt they want to do it on their own terms.

BTW, I bailed on AOL back in the mid 90's when they went to an all-you-can-eat model and the network died. Never went back.

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
MikeS 18 said:

BTW, I bailed on AOL back in the mid 90's when they went to an all-you-can-eat model and the network died. Never went back.
I got kicked off back in '93... I used one of the first AOL hack programs and reset my billing information too many times. :D

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
MikeS 18 said:
Y'know, I agree that AOL sucks but there is a reason that they are still in business and making money on the internet. Its called brand recognition and predatory business. Ypu guys in the business know that making real money as an internet company is next to impossible and if you had a foothold on a market, like AOL does with AIM then you would attempt to cream anyone trying to screw with that. We would ALL be doing the same thing. Will they be successful in the long run - NO. IM has to converge and AOL will have to be involved in that convergence. BUt they want to do it on their own terms.

Marketing, marketing , marketing! AOL and MS are the best in that department hands down!

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey all - I just got .722 of Trillian - I'll download it to the server and post the URL for you guys - their mirror sites are REALLY slow.

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts