Acura World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K....this might be a dumb question but here goes.
I live in Canada and want to buy an RL out of the US (since the dollar is good right now). My question is....other than the speedometer (MPH vs KPH)...does anyone know if there is anything else different in the build quality. For example I would guess that all cars built for the Canadian Market would include block heaters whereas not necessarily in the USA. Does anyone know of any other differences at all???

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,190 Posts
In the RSX, the USA models did not come with (or have as an option) heated seats. I know the RSX in the USA does not have DRL and I think the Canadian models do. Best I can do - hope it helps.

·
336 Posts
Isn't there a difference in that RLs in Canada have to have daytime running lights? The emission laws are different and that could affect the cars as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't there a difference in that RLs in Canada have to have daytime running lights? The emission laws are different and that could affect the cars as well.
You are correct. All Canadian cars must have daytime running lights and I do believe the American RL's already have that feature (not 100% sure) so I think I'm O.K. there...and I think the American emission standards are stricter than the Canadian standards so I think I'm also good there. Thanks for the replies!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the RSX, the USA models did not come with (or have as an option) heated seats. I know the RSX in the USA does not have DRL and I think the Canadian models do. Best I can do - hope it helps.
I think I'm lucky on that one. I believe that both the Canadian and American RL's have heated seats.....and boy do we need them here!! Thx.

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,190 Posts
I think I'm lucky on that one. I believe that both the Canadian and American RL's have heated seats.....and boy do we need them here!! Thx.
:thumbsup: to that! I went after market and had them installed in my RSX - and I think I'll be extremely glad I did this year if the weather predictions are correct!

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts