Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas Im in NY and looking to get my girlfreind a EL, and someone told me that they think because of NAFTA I should be able to get one, Used, up in Canada and bring it down here without big problems. Any of you know anything, or can you ask your dealer if they've done it before? tomorrow Im talking to DMV and customs to get some details, but it'd be cool to get a Acura dealer's take on it too. T.I.A:beerchug: :bigok: :boink:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just try to refrain from buying a 2001. Seems that, dare I say it, it's a lemon. I hate to say this about an Acura but there's a sh*tload of dirt on that model year! The 2002 1.7's seem to be fine from what I hear.

1.6 baby!:bigok:

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Yah, there have been some problems with the early 2001 models, pretty much the same issues that the Civic had too, but late 2001 and all 2002 models should be OK.

2002 models have a slightly retuned suspension so the rear is less bouncy, variable intermittent wipers (2001's had intermittent, but not variable) and driver's window one-touch up and down (2001's only had one-touch down).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.