Acura World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,897 Posts
well too bad that TSB is not for 02 as well...... but i am sure 02 are affected too..... coz' my damn rotors are warped again now at 14000 miles...... only 4k since they turned it last time...... fvck!
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,897 Posts
Outlook said:
hmm that is weird. dumb question: do u wash your car when the rotors are still hot??
at least i don't. i always wash the car when cold, plus i use a bucket of water to wash it so i doubt if any water will get into the rotor area. and yes, i got warped rotor at 10k miles, turned rotors, and now at 14k it's back....
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,897 Posts
acuraTLao said:
well what about if you take your car to a drive through car wash thing....technically you have to drive your car there and causing your rotors brake pads to heat up??

should we not take our cars to car washes?
you shouldn't let anyone else wash your car to begin with :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
rominl said:
well too bad that TSB is not for 02 as well...... but i am sure 02 are affected too..... coz' my damn rotors are warped again now at 14000 miles...... only 4k since they turned it last time...... fvck!
I had the rotors turned at about 13,500 miles on my 200 with no questions asked.

I took my 2002 in two weeks ago for the same problem (about 14,20 miles) and they turned the rotors and replaced the front pads -- again, no questions asked. (As an aside, I'm about 600 miles into the new pads and they seem to dust a LOT less than the previous ones)

The only downside is that once a rotor is machined, it's more likely to warp even quicker than it did before. To quote the [former] service manager at my servicing dealer: "We'll machine them for you, but they're gonna warp again. Then we'll machine them again, but they'll warp even quicker. After that, we'll have to give you new ones."
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,897 Posts
RAdams said:


I had the rotors turned at about 13,500 miles on my 200 with no questions asked.

I took my 2002 in two weeks ago for the same problem (about 14,20 miles) and they turned the rotors and replaced the front pads -- again, no questions asked. (As an aside, I'm about 600 miles into the new pads and they seem to dust a LOT less than the previous ones)

The only downside is that once a rotor is machined, it's more likely to warp even quicker than it did before. To quote the [former] service manager at my servicing dealer: "We'll machine them for you, but they're gonna warp again. Then we'll machine them again, but they'll warp even quicker. After that, we'll have to give you new ones."
well that's good. seriously i guess your job now is to warp your rotors again asap....

and frankly, i am doing that too, coz' the previous ass dealership didn't change new pads and rotors for me...
 

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
Joined
·
3,086 Posts
rominl said:


well that's good. seriously i guess your job now is to warp your rotors again asap....
warp them again?? No, ask them to get you brand new rotors this time. :D
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,897 Posts
well with how ignorant the service guys are at some dealership, they just don't listen until you go there repeatedly for the same problem. seriously among so many service so-called advisor i have seen, i think i only recall 2 that are really knowledgeable and could assist me on the cars.... the rest? they don't know what they are talking about except telling you to get the 939494 miles service, and when you try to tell them this is what's wrong and that's what wrong, they treated you like you are from mars.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top