Acura World banner

241 - 260 of 1660 Posts

·
AW Resident Stormtrooper
25,346 Posts
Slynky said:
Dave/Haf: OK, here comes another side of me you never knew. (well, Haf prolly doesn't give a shit but you might, Dave).

I'm a train lover! I have $4,000 in N-scale European train stuff. PACKED AWAY for 20 years now 'cause I don't have time (or place) to do something with it. Have hundreds of pics of trains (locomotives, mostly). I love the Germany rail system and used it for thousands of miles.

AND, I was in Germany when they were building the ICE train (and tracks because regular tracks couldn't be used) but I had to leave before it was ready to ride. TGV was already kicking ass. BOTH those designs were sleek and beautiful.

I'm glad to see the world hasn't foresaken trains.
I like train also... I loved travelling by train in Europe... and I will take the ICE in Germany pretty soon maybe :woot: I'll give you a feedback about it Chuck ;)

I might take pictures for you too :)

·
AW Resident Stormtrooper
25,346 Posts
Speaking about train... last year when I was in Berlin they were build a new train station... my friend who live there sent me 2 pictures of it... with her camera phone... so forgive the quality in this pics thread :)

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Some pics from a typical Florida summer storm that just rolled through an hour or so ago...

Ominous clouds...

Rain starting to fall...

The bright "specks" are rain drops...

Really starting to come down now...

Ok - now it's really raining. :)

So now you guys see why a tropical storm is no biggie to us. This was just a 45-minute shower. :)

·
haf
10,626 Posts
Clapoti said:
Wow... I went to 300 - 350 km/h in France on the TGV... but 431 km/h that must be amazing :p
it's nuts. but remember, you're riding on air so it's really smooth. all you hear is the continuous noise of acceleration coming from the coils. we passed the other train going the other way while doing 310 kmh and the train went past in less than half a second...enough to give you a fright when you don't expect it!

·
AW Resident Stormtrooper
25,346 Posts
1/2 said:
it's nuts. but remember, you're riding on air so it's really smooth. all you hear is the continuous noise of acceleration coming from the coils. we passed the other train going the other way while doing 310 kmh and the train went past in less than half a second...enough to give you a fright when you don't expect it!
Yeah I know... that's the same thing on TGV :D

That's so fun ;)

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
spyder5786 said:
hah nice sky.

You guys get way too many hurricanes though. =P

Did you handhold all those? I think a tripod might have worked a little better with the rain shots. :dunno:
I used a tripod for the first few - when it really started raining, I was inside shooting through the windows, handheld. :D

You have to understand just how hard it was raining. If this were snow, it'd be a whiteout blizzard.

·
Premium Member
12,457 Posts

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts
Clapoti said:
I like train also... I loved travelling by train in Europe... and I will take the ICE in Germany pretty soon maybe :woot: I'll give you a feedback about it Chuck ;)

I might take pictures for you too :)
Well, now I'm jealous! :mad:

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts
Clapoti said:
hehe sorry Chuck... if you ever come to Germany be sure to tell me :)
And on the other side of the ICE train, there is my B&W photo called, Retired:

I asked about walking around the old train yards in Augsburg one day and they were so nice, one of the yard bosses told some guy to walk around with me and let me take pictures where ever I wanted to. They had an old roundtable.

Anyway, just posted in case you didn't catch it on my site.

·
AW Resident Stormtrooper
25,346 Posts
Slynky said:
And on the other side of the ICE train, there is my B&W photo called, Retired:

I asked about walking around the old train yards in Augsburg one day and they were so nice, one of the yard bosses told some guy to walk around with me and let me take pictures where ever I wanted to. They had an old roundtable.

Anyway, just posted in case you didn't catch it on my site.
Yeah I saw this. BTW when I went to Berlin I went to the Deutsch Technik Museum. http://www.dtmb.de/ they had a big section with only train stuff... it was like a big hangar with lot's of locomotive and trains... for all the trains ages... that was pretty intersting... but I don't have any pics :(

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts
Clapoti said:
Yeah I saw this. BTW when I went to Berlin I went to the Deutsch Technik Museum. http://www.dtmb.de/ they had a big section with only train stuff... it was like a big hangar with lot's of locomotive and trains... for all the trains ages... that was pretty intersting... but I don't have any pics :(
It looks really nice! I went to Berlin but didn't make it there (I was on business).

And I missed the huge parade of trains/locomotives that I think was held in Germany in 1985 (not having any success in Google). It was the 150th, I think, anniversay of the locomotive and they put together over 100 cars and locomotives and traveled in a "parade" through several cities in Germany. I can't believe I missed it !!!:cry:

The worst train I ever rode was the "duty" train that took us through East Germany to West Berlin. Worst tracks ever! And stopped like they were delivering milk...:mhihi:

But, I don't want to hijack the photo thread.

·
Resident OCD Car Detailer
680 Posts
Slynky said:
It looks really nice! I went to Berlin but didn't make it there (I was on business).

And I missed the huge parade of trains/locomotives that I think was held in Germany in 1985 (not having any success in Google). It was the 150th, I think, anniversay of the locomotive and they put together over 100 cars and locomotives and traveled in a "parade" through several cities in Germany. I can't believe I missed it !!!:cry:

The worst train I ever rode was the "duty" train that took us through East Germany to West Berlin. Worst tracks ever! And stopped like they were delivering milk...:mhihi:

But, I don't want to hijack the photo thread.
Yeah... I missed that too. :p

·
naysayer
19,400 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Some pics from a typical Florida summer storm that just rolled through an hour or so ago...
The bright "specks" are rain drops...
why is your rain brown? is it acid rain?

& speaking of clouds, there are some shots I took recently from a plane. certainly not the best & the camera I was using was a cheapie digital, but they were beautiful formations. I tried to clean them up, but I don't know...

241 - 260 of 1660 Posts