Acura World banner

261 - 280 of 1660 Posts

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts
Yeah, Greg, clouds from above like that are interesting (well, sometimes). I've ridden planes too much doing business and have gotten complacent. Most of the time,they're boring but you have some really good ones. Especially the bottom one, which, for some reason, reminds me of Godzilla covered in snow...LOL. (well, it was funny to me!)

·
What are you looking at?
490 Posts
Since it's a new day here are two more pics

5 minutes from the Cuban coast

Sunset Ocho Rios, Jamaica

·
Resident OCD Car Detailer
680 Posts
Bdog said:
Took these the other night playing around in front of my house.

Damn, that's a really long exposure time. Do digital SLRs have ISO settings for 3200 like that? (I'm assuming you were using a digital camera)

·
naysayer
19,400 Posts
Slynky said:
Yeah, Greg, clouds from above like that are interesting (well, sometimes). I've ridden planes too much doing business and have gotten complacent. Most of the time,they're boring but you have some really good ones. Especially the bottom one, which, for some reason, reminds me of Godzilla covered in snow...LOL. (well, it was funny to me!)
yeah, the last ones my fav. too :thumbsup:

bdog, love those shots too!

·
Integra Mod
7,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
bwlucas said:
Damn, that's a really long exposure time. Do digital SLRs have ISO settings for 3200 like that? (I'm assuming you were using a digital camera)
No, for shots like that you just put the camera on a tripod and use the LOWEST ISO possible to reduce noise.

·
What are you looking at?
490 Posts
bwlucas said:
djbme83 said:
bdog, what was the shutter speed on those? nice pics btw

This was taken with a Canon Rebel XT which has a 30 sec to 1/4000 exposure time and also "bulb" for unlimited exposure. For a longer exposure at night you want a low ISO. This was taken at ISO 200 for 30 seconds, tripod mount with cable release. Below is some EXIF data.

Make = Canon
Model = Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Exposure Time = 30"
F Number = F3.5
Exposure Program = Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 200
Date Time Original = 2006-07-17 22:28:17
Date Time Digitized = 2006-07-17 22:28:17
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Shutter Speed Value = -4.91 TV
Aperture Value = 3.61 AV
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Metering Mode = Pattern
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 28mm

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts
Yeah, with digital cameras and the "free" aspect of pictures, you can just experiment and only lose your time if it didn't work out right. Once, with a film camera, I went to a Chinese carnival and shot pics handheld from anywere from half a second to couple of seconds. I just moved the camera around sometimes (and "painted" with light) and panned other times. 36 exposures: 6 keepers... :D

·
BACK!!!!!
889 Posts
Damn, these are some really nice pictures.

·
Resident OCD Car Detailer
680 Posts
Slynky said:
Yeah, with digital cameras and the "free" aspect of pictures, you can just experiment and only lose your time if it didn't work out right. Once, with a film camera, I went to a Chinese carnival and shot pics handheld from anywere from half a second to couple of seconds. I just moved the camera around sometimes (and "painted" with light) and panned other times. 36 exposures: 6 keepers... :D
Ever do the so called "hip shot?" That's what my photography professor called it anyways.

261 - 280 of 1660 Posts