Acura World banner

361 - 380 of 1660 Posts

·
Teh Danger Ranger
26,712 Posts

did you ever touch up that pic since you said it was untouched before?

·
5,402 Posts
My wife just brought me a new camera, I'm not into taken pictures (I suck at it thats why :lol:) but after seeing this thread, and all the pictures, I'm getting into taken more pictures, now I just need a tripod.

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Took some night timed shots tonight at the Jax Parade of Lights. All taken with the new tripod. :) I need a cable release!

·
Banned
30,196 Posts
Man, those are just flat awesome. Brings chills to me looking at them. Very nicely done. :thumbsup:

Wait a minute, it's only 22 degrees here, no wonder I have chills :D:

·
Like a Boss
21,913 Posts
Dang dudes, looking good.

·
haf
10,626 Posts
looks good sky! cable release isn't a necessity (although I just ordered one myself yesterday). use the self time and also see if there's a 'mirror lockup' function on your nikon. canon puts it in the custom functions where it raises the mirror prior to taking the shot so it doesn't vibrate the camera at the time of the photograph giving less chance for any blurryness.

spyder, i'd be curious to see what your pic looks like with some vignetting. nice composition - would like to also see it at dusk with more of a longer exposure so the poeple don't stand out so much - would be more of the ghost effect.

i'd also like a coffee while you're at it :)

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
I dig that picture you posted Andrew. :) Very nice composition, as Haf said.

Haf,

Yeah - my D200 has a mirror lock-up, but I found that especially on the long-duration shots I still induced enough vibration by pressing the shutter release button to be noticable. I used a 2-second timer at first but it was just too hard to time the shots that way so I changed to regular single.

·
Integra Mod
7,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Haf, thanks :) I actually have another shot with a lot of vignetting - i stacked a CP on top of a UV on my sigma 18-50, I'll see if i can find it. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my tripod with me back from school for break so no long exposures =/

Sky - Thanks. Is there a infared remote for the d200? I find mine kinda useful for group shots that I am in myself.

Haf here it is - the corners are freaking black - i should definitely have taken my UV off before placing the CP on.

·
haf
10,626 Posts
spyder, i think you could use more vignetting - go crazy with it and see the results!

i did these 2 pics with my point and shoot s45...with lots of vignetting...

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
I use a Nikon D200 - Spyder has, I think, a Nikon D60, and Hafid has, IIRC, a Canon Rebel Xt.

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Actually I have a Nikon d50 and Hafid has the Canon EOS D60

Sky are you still lusting after that 70-200VR?
:lol: I will be as soon as softball season comes back around.

But that one you told me about that's a few f-stops slower will probably work - since it's all in bright sun. :)

·
-=*M2V4P*=-
17,774 Posts
here's some of the pics, i've taken this year!

i have taken 4.04 GB (4,345,348,096 bytes) worth of pics, this year alone! :0wned:

sd, ca.

valentines night, we set up dinner for mine's and friend's parents.

our live band! = valentines dinner for parents

valentine's night = 1 of the dish we cooked.

huntington beach

huntington beach

war of the world = universal studio

huntington beach

picture taken through glass

after jamming with friends

i forgot which beach this one

i think this one is from santa monica

avenger's game. taples center

vegas

some restaurant

vegas

sixth flags, i think.

vegas

disneyland

vegas

look how low my friend's score.

sports arena

he can't really dunk.

i forgot which camping site this is.

san diego

san diego

downtown san diego

shadow oaks park

top of shadow oaks park

universal

san diego, picture taken from FAR AWAY! i had to zoom in all the way.

·
Integra Mod
7,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
:lol: I will be as soon as softball season comes back around.

But that one you told me about that's a few f-stops slower will probably work - since it's all in bright sun. :)

The 70-300 VR just started to ship. I think it'll be great for you since you plan to do mostly outdoor shooting with it. It's got much improved optics over the non-VR version, along with AF-S for quick focusing. AND it'll keep Mandi from kicking you out to the doghouse. :mhihi:

361 - 380 of 1660 Posts