Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our RDX-2019 has recently shown AWD issue and the service centre suggested we need to change the liner differential solenoids. Now we are asked to replace the whole charging system of the rear wheels. The estimated amount for this repair is 4000 USD. We want to know if anyone had similar issues and any other ways of correcting our situation would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have an 18 RLX hybrid and 19 MDX hybrid and haven't heard of this issue. Please keep us posted on the symptoms you noticed, error messages, and fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had to change the solenoid on RDX-2017 AWD because transmission did not work properly. Vehicle was under warrantee and had to be towed to the shop. This happened in 2020. No problems since then. We do all the recommended maintenance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you are out of warranty, I'd ask for an accommodation from Honda if this is the real isdue. It is outrageous that you would have such an expensive problem on a e or 4 year old car. At the least, I'd get a 2nd opinion.

You did not say how many miles the car has on it. That would be an important factor.

Also a factor to check is the state of the tires. If you have not been rotating your tires, it is quite possible your front tires are more worn than the rear. AWD drive trains from all manufacturers are quite sensitive to tire diameter variation. Tread depths on all tires need to be within 2/32 for good performance, 3/32 max.

You sign of oil leak on the road is likely something else, could be differential seal leaks. If the differential is low on lubricant, that too may cause the symptoms you are seeing.

Astrobuf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts