Acura World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm looking to buy an RSX since I just crashed my car :( and I was wondering if it's worth spending the extra money on a Type-S. I know that the base numbers are drastically different with the Type-S having 40 more hp than the base model however, where I live the Type-S is getting more rare and the cheapest one that I can find is $8,500. I'm seeing base models go for around $4k with the same mileage. I was wondering if the two cars are that different to warrant paying over double the price for a Type-S. I was planning on turbo charging the car and potentially swapping to a K24 block as well. I come from the BMW world where everything is way too expensive and there were lots of differences between sub models of the same chassis. So I wanted to know how much of a difference in the long term the Type-S would make. Would I save money on parts? Can the Type-S head actually make more power with a K24 block and a turbo? Can the 6-speed take more power than the 5-speed or vice-versa?

I know that I asked a lot of questions but I just wanted to get to know more about the chassis and if this is the right car for me. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts