Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a weird issue with my '90 Integra. Battery drains faster than it should. With key out of ignition it draws about 220ma. If I pull the hazard fuse or the "Passive Motor R" fuse (used for automatic seatbelts) the current drops to normal range (about 20-40ma). This makes no sense to me. I'm considering just leaving the hazard light fuse out but I've heard that pulling that fuse resets the DTC codes which doesn't seem like a good idea. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Latest developments...

So, I've figured out that the "Automatic Shoulder Seat Belt Control Unit" (called "Belt Control" on the actual unit) is powered by the hazard light circuit. With the battery disconnected and the fuse box practically disassembled there is continuity between the hazard fuse connector and the Belt Control power wire while there is no continuity between the two "Passive Motor R" and "Passive Motor L" fuse connectors which, according to the wiring diagram, should be connected.

When I remove the hazard light plug, a relay disconnects. When I reinsert the hazard light plug, the relay engages. I noticed this and traced the sound to the shoulder belt retractor which apparently contains some sort of relay/solenoid. This is what is drawing the additional power when the engine is off and the key removed.

It seems that the car was wired incorrectly from the factory...

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
I highly doubt that the car was wired incorrectly from the factory. More likely is that the previous owner made some modifications at some point in time and made the incorrect wiring adjustment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts