Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 TLX and the battery went dead after 5 months. Dealer said Common if not driven enough as components pull from battery when car is OFF.
Service person stated he speaks with many about battery issues.
Anyone else experiencing this? I’m wondering if it is deeper issue than “not driving it enough.”

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have Acuralink on my 18 RLX hybrid and 19 MDX hybrid. I was able to get a text alert for low power after both cars were parked too long early into the lockdown. The choices are to add a battery tender or drive more often for 20-30 mins a few times a week. My solution was to combine errands and pick the same stores further out when running errands compared to neighborhood stores minutes away. Zero issues for over a year doing it this way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I have the AcuraLink as well. I did not get any notices. Is there a setting for this?

I was driving the vehicle (like you- sparingly) but several times a week for errands like you are as well.

Vehicle has 4099 miles and is now in shop for electrical component replacement for navigation system, rotor bad and caliper - leaking brake fluid in addition to checking battery issue. Apparently, many folks are having issues with battery “system” per one of the service gents.

I seem to always get the vehicle that was “built on a Friday” 🤪

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been an Acura owner since 2006 and every low voltage issue always has a X-mas tree of other light on the dash OTHER than low voltage. Acuralink had like 5-6 other errors because of low voltage (low brake booster power, CMBS error, LKAS error, etc...).

I've got in the habit of always checking the battery and alternator first before taking it into shop for all errors. I've seem to get between 3-4 years from the OEM batteries before I need to replace them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts